tomy intruder and adonis

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

alien3t
Approved Member

Re: tomy intruder and adonis

Post by alien3t »

I think Daniel ROwlands is trying to repop EX bodies.

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

I know first hand about cracking rims. One of mine cracked off a small chunk cleanly,, found it and glued it. Looks like ex suspension arms are machined out? Or are they actually different?

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

wydraz
Approved Member

Post by wydraz »

Hi guys sorry I'm late to the party.

I have a load of spares for the Intruder and EX thanks to Hugh. I also have a boxart EX and 3 shelf/runner Intruders.

You'll be glad to know I repaired the mold and popped 5 EX shells out of 1mm lexan two weeks ago. The kit Tomy lexan is so so thin. I scanned my original Intruder and EX decal sheets and Nathaneal of MCI now sells them.

I have a NIB Adonis and a NIB Celica which is based on the Adonis. I must have owned and sold around 12 Intruders and EX over the past 3 or 4 years.

Can't wait to race my EX especially. Dan is spot on above there are many differences with the EX, arms, hubs, shocks, top deck, body, wing.

If you need bits urgently or a body give me a shout......the Intruder body is available from Penguin but I prefer the EX.

Cheers,

Dan

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

wydraz's car as mentioned above

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

My 2 so far right is basically intruder, but ex arms, bumper. i have ex hubs. and the red universals for it, it will be a shelfer. but using the intruder shocks with ex tower as you can see doesnt work right. need a normal intruder tower. Will have the intruder kit links but still need the parts tree with the main shaft cover / battery posts/ steering posts / and upper deck brace. but does have gear diffs as i need another set of outdives to complete the ball diffs.

Left one is adonis chassi and upper deck, but counter sunk screws, ex towers, ball diffs, will have ex arms hubs. and the shop that carried or was the yokomo/tomy/express importer has xpress parts on the shelf still. they had the plastic parts for the steering set up, and still has the end links, (all packaged as xpress, but the plastic still says TOMY. (and i know he has more). I have one fo wydraz ex body for the runner, and have a brand new unused intruder body set for the shelfer. Metal ex ionce i decided on battery, (most likely a shorty since most my other stuff is shorty, or saddle, i will mill the chassis for the battery.

Barry from the fb groups has my rtc set up to copy, but i have also tons fo spur adapters for using normal spurs if not wanting the 60/40 set up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1629901157240912/ if on facebook, i started a group. just i need to figure out for sale rules. when im free, and work with wydraz on that to finalize.

wydraz
Approved Member

Post by wydraz »

alien3t wrote:wydraz's car as mentioned above

Cheers Hugh.

This is my car with one of the bodies I made.

I have new kit shocks but plan to race with these Kyosho velvets.

The team suzuki hubs allow me to use the stash of yok wheels I already have and I like their look more than the 2 screw yok fitment (which imo suits Yokomo cars btw)

wydraz
Approved Member

Post by wydraz »

I painted and completed this body before I got the decals reproduced so the TOMY and EX etc are paint that I did via vinyl masks.

JamieB
Approved Member

Post by JamieB »

Hi Guys,

apologies for the interruption but I also own an Intruder. Well let me start at the beginning. A few years back I managed to pick one up, when I use to race RC cars back in the day I always wanted an Intruder. I use to race 2wd and trucks. No spare time for a 4wd. Finally got one then started a family so things have been on hold.

I recently picked up a few spares from Ebay and now have enough to feel confident to enter a revival race in the UK next year (2016). I should also be able to build another car plus possibly a third.

My reason for jumping on here is, I would feel more confident if I could swap some of the drive parts out. I would feel terrible if I striped some original bits and confine them to the bin, trash for you US guys 8)

So if you can post any details of part numbers that would fit that would be very much appreciated. I am also looking for spares such as shock towers.

If any one ever wants to sell an EX I would be interested as well.

Good luck with your Tomy's, I love these cars and cant wait to finally race one.

I will post some pics later, seems my office restricts code being pasted..

Jamie

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Hello Jamie and welcome! I have the same worries about running my intruders. Dont want to kill a belt or pully for fear of no available replacement. I do think that Yokomo parts could be adapted. The diffs are a direct swap between early yokomo and tomy, except for the belt pitch.

I figured out years ago that Tamiya Top Force UJ axles will fit Tomy and allow hex wheels,, so thats an option to save wear and tear on on those parts. Tomy axles are about 1.5 mm shorter on the bone end than Yokomo 870c Long axles. About 1.5mm longer than Yokomo 870 Short axles

Will use this thread to try and come up with a suitable drive train swap. Intruder is finished xcept for eventually getting a full carbon fiber treatment, and a body. Adonis will donate itself to the cause of preserving the running conditions!

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

i think i still have about 50 rear belts. but 2 fronts, was thinking of contacting tough belts and see if he would be able to offer up an option for every one to find and use.

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

JamieB
Approved Member

Post by JamieB »

Thanks guys. Not sure if I should have done a formal introduction in another part of the forum. I joined in 2012 and today was my first post. Is that a record? :lol:

Right this one I picked up last week. Bit of a surprise delivery to be honest. Is this a real intruder or one of the Express versions? No idea what the shocks or mounts are?

My original one is at the top. Somehow I have to flickr accounts and cant access the code from the other one. I will try and work it out.

This thread has fired me up, I have been stripping down some spares, sorting them into boxes to get ready for my rebuilds. I ordered two repro shells from Ebay UK yesterday. Going to paint one like the original shell I have and something crazy for the other.

JamieB
Approved Member

Post by JamieB »

OK, going to move pics to my other flickr as thats working.

Here is the original car I got a few years back, pretty much on this condition. I added the Yoko wheels. Thats all I did, run it a couple of times and that was it. I was worried I would break it.

My thoughts are this, these cars were built to race. As long as I can have one, as original working car as possible I will be happy. I want to build one for racing a few meets. Thats all. If it breaks it breaks. However I would prefer to race it with some easily replaceable parts as possible. I have been advised a hoover belt may fit. Thats one avenue I'm going to investigate. I'm keen to look at the Yokomo parts or any other options.

Some may think I'm strange that I want to race a Tomy but looking to replace breakable part with modern items or easily available items. Well the heart or soul of the car will still, for me be a Tomy and help me complete one of my ambitions.

I use to race on a Sunday, my Dad use to take me but passed away when I was 15. I tried to race for a while with my Mum taking me but things were not the same.

I'm going to get back to sorting some more bits into order and will add some more pics next week. Bit of a busy week ahead.

Thanks guys.

Jamie