Disable Ignition

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Disable Ignition

Post by Halgar »

I think I found the culprit. I was under the hood for an unrelated reason and noticed that the plastic engine cover sat rather loosely in it's moorings and had that flutter/rattle kind of noise to it. I pulled it off about a month ago and haven't heard the noise since. I reinstalled it today, adding heavy vinyl tape to the back tabs to make them snug and a washer under the screw holding the front down. With this done, it is no longer loose. Well see over time if this takes care of the issue.

The bizarre thing about the noise is that it's only on cold start after sitting for several days AND it's intermittent, so even after sitting, it may or may not do it. I don't know why the engine would shake any harder after 3 days of sitting than not, nor if this loose item is loose enough to make noise, why it only does it intermittently. Whatever the case may be, fingers crossed that this takes care of it. And, yes, if it's gone, I'll find a more permanent solution than tape on the ears of the cover. :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!