My Edinger RC10 January 85

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10resto

Re: My Edinger RC10 January 85

Post by RC10resto »

WOW!
How long have you had it, and how did you get your hands on it???
Great shots,
Brian

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

RC10resto wrote:WOW!
How long have you had it, and how did you get your hands on it???
Great shots,
Brian
I have had it about 3 years now, I purchased it on eBay. It was not listed very well and some of the pictures were poor. I know I paid a good price but can't remember the exact price. At that time it did not matter to me, I just wanted it. I got the history on that car from the original owner.

I was in SoCal for a trade show and got to meet Gene and see the others again, so I got them all to autograph it for me. Jay took it out of my hands and started walking away with it. It was all good because he was just showing it to all the older RC guys that were there. It was great, you could see the excitement and even a little water in the eyes when they all started talking about the good old days. That moment and day was priceless, you just can't buy that.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Great story!
Do you work at PMHC?
Maybe I e-mailed you about RC10 stuff - Debbie would have forwarded it to you (I am the guy they talked to at iHobby)
Brian

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

RC10resto wrote:Great story!
Do you work at PMHC?
Maybe I e-mailed you about RC10 stuff - Debbie would have forwarded it to you (I am the guy they talked to at iHobby)
Brian
Rod is THE man at PM !!
I am lucky to have PM as my local store and have to say it's great to be able to deal with guys who are passionate about the hobby they work in.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Do you work at PMHC?
Brian
Hi Brian

Yup that's me! Your email inspired me to dig out my stuff and start working on them again, not the Edinger but some other RC10's I have laying around. The RC10 I have are first gen to the graphite, and then a B4FT. So I am looking for Team Car, Worlds Car, B2 & B3. Oh, and a TQ. Other cars I'm looking for are first gen 10T, T2 and T3, first gen GT. See what you started!..... Again! LOL We will do some trading, and I am now looking hard and asking all my buddies. PM me that want list please and a trading list would be good as well.

Rod

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

stulec52 wrote:
Do you work at PMHC?
Brian
Rod is THE man at PM !!
I am lucky to have PM as my local store and have to say it's great to be able to deal with guys who are passionate about the hobby they work in.

You better give praise, we sponser your slow ass! :P LOL

Just kidding Stu! Stu is one of the fastest guys in Western Canada (even though he drives with a stick :roll: ) Stu is also one of the most knowledgeable vintage (and new) RC Guys around .We are lucky to sponser you!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

WOW Rod, I didn't know you were holding out on me :shock:

this car is crazy :!:

I'm also glad to have you as my go to man in cow town, even if I'm only there for short periods of time :D

good job, cant wait to see more of your collection.

Anthony

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

vintage AE wrote:WOW Rod, I didn't know you were holding out on me :shock:

this car is crazy :!:

I'm also glad to have you as my go to man in cow town, even if I'm only there for short periods of time :D

good job, cant wait to see more of your collection.

Anthony
Let me know when your in town and I will bring them. I don't have much but I am working on that as we speak! :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen: (eBay) lol

surferdave71
Approved Member

Post by surferdave71 »

super sweet man, very nice score!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

slotcarrod wrote:
Do you work at PMHC?
Brian
Hi Brian

Yup that's me! Your email inspired me to dig out my stuff and start working on them again, not the Edinger but some other RC10's I have laying around. The RC10 I have are first gen to the graphite, and then a B4FT. So I am looking for Team Car, Worlds Car, B2 & B3. Oh, and a TQ. Other cars I'm looking for are first gen 10T, T2 and T3, first gen GT. See what you started!..... Again! LOL We will do some trading, and I am now looking hard and asking all my buddies. PM me that want list please and a trading list would be good as well.

Rod

Funny I was just looking through this old post. My First thread! Look what you started Brian (RC10resto)! You got me addicted, I always loved vintage RC cars but I never thought I would be this bad! I now have all the cars on that list new and used plus much-much more just since December 08! This is a good and healthy drug! Thanks Brian! :P :wink: :mrgreen:

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

You wouldn't happen to remember what the name of the hobbyshop here in Florida was, or which city it was in when you got it?

Just out of curiosity.

Were there only 500 initial cars built like ours ("Earliest Edingers")?!

Love your Curtis Paintjob as well!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I want to think, if I remember, it was in Lakeland but not sure of the shop name. At the time I purchased it on eBay, I just wanted the car in my hands, did not care much about the shop or location. I know 100% that it was in Florida. :mrgreen:

I know the south side Florida quite well. When I was unfortunately living in Jamaica, I would go quite often to Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I loved going to Orange Blossom in Miami and RC Hobbies in Ft Lauderdale. Never been to Orlando as an adult. Went to Orlando (Disney World) as a kid! I know Lakeland because I once drove up there to pick up a Motorcycle.

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Thank-you for the info!

These early edinger RC10's are like a timecapsule, and the anodizing is extremely light.

I have a few other early to mid edinger RC10's and one Cadillac, now; my other Edingers have a lighter ano gold color than the cadillac one, but my earliest edinger (my "Curtis Edinger") is extremely light gold anodized through-out. The three chassis plates (nose, motor and chassis) and the 4 shocks all match perfectly the very light gold anodizing. Looks amazing.

I remember when I 1st got my RC10, they were light gold ano and then later as I bought newer ones the ano color got darker and darker which I liked. Then I got this one guy hooked, and he bought one directly from our local Associated Distributor (Ivan) that he had had in the closet for himself since they 1st came out, but never got around to building it. Well my buddy bought and built it, and when he brought it to me to help him set up the suspension I still remember the 7 grooved tires, Goodyear rear tires and the very light gold ano job it had. I don't remember what kind of spring cups it had for the rear shocks though, but it might have been one of the very early edinger cars based upon my memory.
LOL, I remember thinking to myself as I helped him "damn, too bad he bought an old RC10 instead of one of the newer ones with the improvements and darker gold color that looked better to all of us!"
LOL!

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Funny I was just looking through this old post. My First thread! Look what you started Brian (RC10resto)! You got me addicted, I always loved vintage RC cars but I never thought I would be this bad! I now have all the cars on that list new and used plus much-much more just since December 08! This is a good and healthy drug! Thanks Brian!
How time flies and cars pile up..............................
Your welcome Rod :twisted:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

With all the stress in today's life, it's nice to have a hobby that you can just escape for a few hours and get a mental break. With vintage, it's nice to reminisce. It brings back great memories! I'm so happy to have started collecting and especially running vintage RC10's! It's funny, my FT B4 just sits there. My B2, Gold Pan and T2 are all getting the work out at the tracks now and hopefully soon a 10T or two!

I want to thank "ALL" the great guys on RC10talk for all the help and inspiration, not just Brian. Guys like Al, Reg, the Rick's, the Paul's, the Jay's and all the others make this place special (I don't mean Reg's type of hockey helmet/short bus special!). This place is kind of like a home away from home, a refuge of sorts! What a great place to be! Thanks, I need this place!