Who is this Duck

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tizeye
Approved Member

Re: Who is this Duck

Post by tizeye »

I'm new to this...do the replies always become so indepth and complicated...you guys obviously all know each other pretty well.....virtually that is..

Tizeye

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

a01butal wrote:Actually thought those movies were some of Clint's best, if he could of just got rid of that blonde.
Yeah, he did finally dump her! :lol: I never cared for her either, she was only in his movies because he was in a relationship her at the time.
tizeye wrote:I'm new to this...do the replies always become so indepth and complicated...you guys obviously all know each other pretty well.....virtually that is..

Tizeye
Depends, but yeah we tend to prattle on a bit, particularly with subjects that strike our attention. Feel free to jump in on the conversations, the more the merrier. 8) And yeah, I know you started this thread. :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

:D Cheers I will...some of the programes you are talkin about I've never heard of..that's no real surprise since during the era they were screened, here in New Zealand we only had one TV network and that had only 2 channels so we were a bit starved of most real action series that were made. We had "The Million Dollar Man" and "Wonder Woman" and of course "Charles Angles"..my favorite was "Get Smart"...early cartoons I liked were the one with "Spinner and Paddlefoot" anybody remember what it was called?..Never watched Dr Who I was always hiding behind the couch when that one came on...

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

tizeye wrote::D Cheers I will...some of the programes you are talkin about I've never heard of..that's no real surprise since during the era they were screened, here in New Zealand we only had one TV network and that had only 2 channels so we were a bit starved of most real action series that were made. We had "The Million Dollar Man" and "Wonder Woman" and of course "Charles Angles"..my favorite was "Get Smart"...early cartoons I liked were the one with "Spinner and Paddlefoot" anybody remember what it was called?..Never watched Dr Who I was always hiding behind the couch when that one came on...
If you liked Get Smart, have you seen Police Squad? Police Squad spawned the Naked Gun movie franchise. I've always been one for spoofs, Airplane was another good one. For just silly fun have you seen Support your local Sheriff and the similar James Garner westerns?

As for the previously mentioned trucker movies and tv series, you can find out more about them at IMDB.com and probably find a good number of them on YouTube.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Halgar wrote:
tizeye wrote::D Cheers I will...some of the programes you are talkin about I've never heard of..that's no real surprise since during the era they were screened, here in New Zealand we only had one TV network and that had only 2 channels so we were a bit starved of most real action series that were made. We had "The Million Dollar Man" and "Wonder Woman" and of course "Charles Angles"..my favorite was "Get Smart"...early cartoons I liked were the one with "Spinner and Paddlefoot" anybody remember what it was called?..Never watched Dr Who I was always hiding behind the couch when that one came on...
If you liked Get Smart, have you seen Police Squad? Police Squad spawned the Naked Gun movie franchise. I've always been one for spoofs, Airplane was another good one. For just silly fun have you seen Support your local Sheriff and the similar James Garner westerns?

As for the previously mentioned trucker movies and tv series, you can find out more about them at IMDB.com and probably find a good number of them on YouTube.

No never heard of Police Squad but I did see naked gun that was funny as hell..flying high was another wasn't it?

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

And all this was triggered by a duck!

This is all very interesting!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Yeah and all I was going to ask is...does anybody know if you can buy the duck anywhere..does he have a name?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I don't think he has a name. Just a brief ebay search came up with this, kinda pricey:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATH-PROOF-CONVOY-RUBBER-DUCK-HOOD-ORNAMENT-CAR-MASCOT_W0QQitemZ200295755561QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33757QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess they used the duck in "Death Proof" too. I'd just keep doing searches for "Convoy Rubber Duck" or "Rubber Duck Hood Ornament". Probably not going to find one too cheap, it's a pretty nice hood ornament and I doubt there's millions of them out in the world.

Was that semi in the background of that first picture you posted radio controlled?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Upon further reading of the auction details, it appears that those ducks are the real deal. His dad made the duck for Convoy, and then he remade it for the Tarantino's flick, and now he's making them for anybody. So, I guess $175 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a quality product made from the original mold.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

MelvinsArmy wrote:I don't think he has a name. Just a brief ebay search came up with this, kinda pricey:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATH-PROOF-CONVOY-RUBBER-DUCK-HOOD-ORNAMENT-CAR-MASCOT_W0QQitemZ200295755561QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33757QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess they used the duck in "Death Proof" too. I'd just keep doing searches for "Convoy Rubber Duck" or "Rubber Duck Hood Ornament". Probably not going to find one too cheap, it's a pretty nice hood ornament and I doubt there's millions of them out in the world.

Was that semi in the background of that first picture you posted radio controlled?
Yeah I think it is radio control it was here http://www93.sakura.ne.jp/~time-tunnel/mack-13.html I can't read Japanese but the rest of the site is RC cars and some really nice trucks so I assumed it was..take a look

Tizeye

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

"Yeah I think it is radio control it was here http://www93.sakura.ne.jp/~time-tunnel/mack-13.html I can't read Japanese but the rest of the site is RC cars and some really nice trucks so I assumed it was..take a look"

If you click on the back button at the bottom of the page it takes you back through his build process, fascinating stuff. Even shows how he created the miniature duck on the hood of the Mack. Great stuff.

This is all very interesting!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Far out that's amazing I've been looking at that site for hours there is a huge amount of cool pictures on there..some really strange looking cars to..and there are so many links I'm going to spend more time on there..it's a bit hit and miss when you can't read Japanese...
Attachments
some Weird looking cars
some Weird looking cars
Strange looking car
Strange looking car
What the hell is this thing?
What the hell is this thing?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Wow, I was wondering where he got that Mack cab, he scratch built the whole thing! That guy must really like Convoy. Very impressive work, he must have 100 hours in to it.

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

That last pic is a Ryuz, from the days when people tried FWD as racing buggies, was quite succesful I beleive, there was a full thread on it in the scans section?
:D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Halgar wrote:
a01butal wrote:Actually thought those movies were some of Clint's best, if he could of just got rid of that blonde.
Yeah, he did finally dump her! :lol: I never cared for her either, she was only in his movies because he was in a relationship her at the time.
god she was awefull, she almost ruins those movies for me nowadays.