How time flies when you.........

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

highwayracer
Approved Member

Re: How time flies when you.........

Post by highwayracer »

seasaw75 wrote:Just a quick query, how much do you think it would cost to get a batch machined out of a different material such as nylon?
More that any of us are probably willing to spend. :( For all intensive purposes, they would be used by people that are still running their cars. I think most diehard collectors are looking for genuine parts instead of a reproduction part.

By no means am I against this...I'd be willing to pick up a set if they were decently prices. But decent to me may be something different to someone else.

Regards,
Roger

minichamps11
Approved Member

Re: How time flies when you.........

Post by minichamps11 »

Mr. ED wrote: I used a tap to pre-thread the screw holes. This helps a bit for stress sensitive material; prevents the screw from pushing the material aside and cause stress already in the asssembly.
You could try a trick Craig Drescher used on the later YZ-10. He drilled out the threaded holes in the gearbox tops and then installed countersunk M3 machine screws from underneath with the thread pointing upwards. You can then clamp the top deck down tight using washers & nuts without stressing the bulkheads as much.