My Team Losi XX CR

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Re: My Team Losi XX CR

Post by slapshot1979 »

I think its an x-cellerator body.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Richard wrote:Or is it a Kinwald body?
the RED car has a Kinwald or Xcelerator body on it their the samething. the Xcelerator is a Losi A-8042 which was only put on the BK cars
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

The Xcellerator/Kinwald shell was obviously sold as a 'part' seperately & was probably one of the most popular shells to be seen on any XX - I'm wondering if the shell was made available before the release of the Kinwald Edition buggy, as in the time frame that I owned & raced my XX it wore three different bodies - the original XX shell & two Xcellerators - the first of these must have been before the release of the BK XX?

The Xcellerator for me was the nicest (& most modern) looking shell & benefitted from a better shape to the rear which lent itself for removal/fitment over the rear shock tower without needing to scrunch the shell up to get it past the shocks, meaning it lasted longer.

The rarest shell to get hold of (as its not been re-produced by anyone as far as I know) has to be the orginal 'CR' shell

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

DerbyDan wrote:The rarest shell to get hold of (as its not been re-produced by anyone as far as I know) has to be the orginal 'CR' shell
The Xcellerator shell isnt even a Losi shell. it was made just for the BK kit. my friend still owns the mould. he leased it to them just for the kit and they did sell it seperate but it was made for BK him self he picked it out just for the kit. I have had 3 runs of them made. what does the body for the CR look like? he may have that mould also? I can check on it.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

bearrickster wrote:
DerbyDan wrote:The rarest shell to get hold of (as its not been re-produced by anyone as far as I know) has to be the orginal 'CR' shell
The Xcellerator shell isnt even a Losi shell. it was made just for the BK kit. my friend still owns the mould. he leased it to them just for the kit and they did sell it seperate but it was made for BK him self he picked it out just for the kit. I have had 3 runs of them made. what does the body for the CR look like? he may have that mould also? I can check on it.
This is the original XX-CR shell, crap pic I know, its all I could find right now...

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

that looks just like the stock Losi A-8008 body? but thats a small picture, hard to tell for sure.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Took this from Tamiyaclub;

On this particular example it appears the owner has used the BK sticker sheet on the 'CR' shell (A-8040);

Rick; I'm guessing Losi out-sourced their shells to suitable suppliers - I doubt there's many R/C car manufacturers that manufacture every part in-house. If your friend made the Xcelerator shell... its likely that he made all/many other shells for Losi too? I have an unpainted Xcelerator shell & it has 'Losi' moulded into the rear part of the moulding (below the cut-line) So as far as the buying public is aware its a 'Losi' shell like all the others - i'm unaware of anyone else (except your recent re-runs) that marketed these shells Bitd? (Jamin Jay sold an aftermarket shell for the XX that actually looked very similar to the Xcelerator body)

I used to have a link saved on my old computer to a hidden page within the Horizon UK website which listed & illustrated all the older buggy shells.... the Xcelerator is Part# A-8042 the XXL shell (pic in a thread lower down here in the Losi section) was a longer version of the A-8040 CR shell which was to be used with a buggy built up around a LWB chassis - this had a seperate part No too

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

My friend use to make all the Losi shells. He did put the part number on the Xcelerator, but he owns the mould. the body in your picture is the same as the current 8008 shell. he made my copys off the original mould and they were all the same as original untill the last run, he made them from thicker marterial.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

bearrickster wrote:that looks just like the stock Losi A-8008 body? but thats a small picture, hard to tell for sure.
Found a better one Rick, its the box-art picture of the XX-CR, A-8040 is the part number...
losi xx-cr.jpg

Caine
Approved Member

Post by Caine »

I'm getting confused now as i know that my CR has the xcellerator shell, however a friend of mine at club ran a new built kinwald at our vintage series and it definately didnt have the same shell of mine.
However i havent had chance to ask him if this was the kit shell or not!
DSC07042.JPG
Original shell or not thou this car was stupid quick and was only a second off the times set by the modern 2wd's

I do agree thou that the xcellerator has the nicest lines of the XX shells. I do want to replace the one on mine with new at some point but i like it as its still in decent shape for its age, its gonna keep on rockin for a while:)

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Caine wrote:I'm getting confused now as i know that my CR has the xcellerator shell, however a friend of mine at club ran a new built kinwald at our vintage series and it definately didnt have the same shell of mine.
However i havent had chance to ask him if this was the kit shell or not!
Caine, thats the shell that came with the original XX, part No A-8008 - this shell is still pretty widely available & is listed on Horizon's website, its distinctive feature would be the the high side pods (compared to the 'CR' shell in Jamin's & my posted pictures :wink: )

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

Caine wrote:I do want to replace the one on mine with new at some point but i like it as its still in decent shape for its age, its gonna keep on rockin for a while:)
Drop Rick a pm, he had a load done and may have some left...

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

jamin wrote:Drop Rick a pm, he had a load done and may have some left...
I only have a few left that I am keeping for myself sorry, I didnt get any from the prior runs.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

do want to replace the one on mine with new at some point but i like it as its still in decent shape for its age, its gonna keep on rockin for a while:)
nvxwax has one for sale in b/s/t section. $30 posted i think...

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

urpaldan wrote:
do want to replace the one on mine with new at some point but i like it as its still in decent shape for its age, its gonna keep on rockin for a while:)
nvxwax has one for sale in b/s/t section. $30 posted i think...
And Will is a great guy to deal with too!