== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Thats me

Post by Chewbacca »

Okay I've been on here long enough, got back from my honeymoon, so here's a picture from my wedding.

I am 35, US citizen living in Germany, my wife is Spanish

Hope U like.

Chewie.
Attachments
hz_yt_preview_12.jpg
hz_yt_preview_12.jpg (152.78 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
hz_yt_preview_12.jpg
hz_yt_preview_12.jpg (152.78 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
*** POWDER - KING ***

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Name is Dave.42yrs.Been into RC about 30 years.
Married to Rhonda
Son-16,Daughter-18
Truck Driver
Love this site!
Attachments
scan0001a_124.jpg
scan0001a_124.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
scan0001a_124.jpg
scan0001a_124.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Well Canadian guy.

James 38, been in RC for 25 years.

RC10 I own .. is the RC10 I bought almost 25 years ago.
Attachments
james_sm.jpg
james_sm.jpg (2.87 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
james_sm.jpg
james_sm.jpg (2.87 KiB) Viewed 3960 times

junkman
Approved Member

Post by junkman »

Steve Kinser, Metropolis IL
married 4 years, new 4 mo old son
chemical plant operator
Raced rc's when early teen, gave it up when I got a real car, back into it for 5 or 6 years now as more collector, not racer
I have entirely too many irons in the fire, in the garage, 55,56,57 beetles, 02 z-28, 86 s-10, built 355 sbc, just aquired a 69 shortbed chevy, daily drive 00 silverado.
Just built a new garage with a bonus room to put all the r/c stuff upstairs , work on them has been pretty limited as it's all boxed up, have quite a few old tamiya, several rc10's

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I'm the guy your mother warned you about! :shock: :shock:

LOL J/K :lol: :lol: I'm a Mod over at Clodtalk, more of a founder actually. I've been into the Clodbuster since around '96, I've got two massaged stockers and an extra set of axles and various parts and pieces waiting for me to one day do something with. I recently picked up a HiLux at a garage sale, and in the box with it was a Tamiya Fox, which is what brought me over here to Clodalks sister site, to find some info on it. I've enjoyed my interactions with you fine felller's, and if you don't mind I'll stick around.

Even though I'm not a big buggy kind of guy, I do appreciate any well crafted RC, and the love and devotion that we all put into our rides. That being said, it's been fun perusing the site and what you guys have made of it since we put it together not all that long ago.

Keep up the good work, and I promise I won't razz anyone too hard until you get to know me a little more. :wink: :wink:

Sorry, no pics.

scottfair2003

Helloe Everyone

Post by scottfair2003 »

My Name is Scott. I got into RC cars my junior year in High School. I took a class called power systems. It was a unique class. During the year it started out building and testing model rockets in a windtunnel and launching them. Then we went on to RC some built cars and some built planes.

I built a Tamiya Hornet .

Not too long after a track opened down the road from me. I actually did ok with the Hornet and then these gold tubbed rc10 thingys started showing up at the track.

I always wanted one. I moved on to other interests ...can you say WOMEN? I guess they were more like girls back then but they were alot more fun to tweek on than rc cars.

I built an airplane a few years later and completely destroyed it upon landing and got out of rc unitl now.

I just picked up an rc10t off ebay cheap and look forward to re building the rc10 that I never had.

OH, I am 35 married and live in Charlotte, NC and I am a mortgage analyst.
Attachments
mohawk.jpg
my helmet
mohawk.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
my helmet
my helmet
mohawk.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
none yet

M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Mike Ogle, ex-Team Associated Advertising and Promotions Director. Now living in Mount Vernon, Illinois.

My story is here:
http://www.rcspeedrun.com/mogleint.html
http://www.grandmotorsports.com/about.asp

Glad to be here!
Attachments
Mike Ogle EMAIL.jpg
Mike Ogle EMAIL.jpg (175.82 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Mike Ogle EMAIL.jpg
Mike Ogle EMAIL.jpg (175.82 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Mike Ogle
Grand Motorsports

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

- Erich Reichert

- 32, son named Erich Jr., two dogs Maxx and Henri (in my house, no one spells their name right)

- Art Director by day, retired magazine guy gone ebay addict by night.

- I enjoy r/c, modern art, hiking, racing, hockey, sunset walks on the beach and riding tandom bikes with Sharkman... is that wierd?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

hi, i'm spencer. i'm a 32 year old installations engineer. married (to shelley) with a son (edgar) and a (unpictured) daughter (polly).
Attachments
me.JPG
me.JPG (42.92 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
me.JPG
me.JPG (42.92 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

saucisse
Approved Member

Post by saucisse »

Hi there from Quebec City, Canada.

I've been in RC stuff since age of 12 (now 30) and began with a FX10 hehehe.

Found out about this board from aconsola (bought something from him on ebay)

Looking to restore a rc10 a friend lend me for a 6pack of Heineken :shock: and I'm almost done restoring my JRXT that was forgotten in the basement of my parent's house for like 12 years. Also have a second JRXT I'm using as a runner with a losi xx transmission retrofit w/ hydra-drive, brushless conversion using a Schulze U-Force 75/Plettenberg Extreme motor/Maxamps 11.1v 6000mah lipo....overkill I must admit :wink:

Cheers!!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!

Claymore5150
Approved Member

Re: =WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?=

Post by Claymore5150 »

Don Bailey
Transportation Management
Greeneville, TN (East TN)

http://www.myspace.com/claymore5150
Itchy Trigger Finger and RC Throttle Junkie
R.O.C.C.K. Proud Member
B.B.R.C. Proud Member

94CErunner/T2runner/2wd Slash LCG/

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hi guys.
Many years ago an old friend (which I used to work in a hobby shop with) needed to put together some funds for an overseas trip. He needed the cash fast and wanted to offload a pile of old r/c gear that he had sitting in his garage. Underneath an inch of dust there was a pile of old, rusted and unloved gear that I instantly believed i'd lost my money on. Regretably I took the lot and paid him what he asked. That stuff then sat in my garage for what seemed like months. Some time later I was inspired to have a closer look at what was there and an old Kyosho Mid Custom Special and Schumacher Cougar2 got a good going over.
This sparked my interest to research eBay and other web sites leading me here.
My user name BORMAC came from the old club which I was a member of back in the mid 1980's. That club obviously held some sentiment for me. Many good times were spent there watching and racing against all the old cars from the mid to late 80's on the track. Just being part of the racing scene back then was pretty special when I look back at it.
Fast forward to today and I have persued a passion for the old cars of that era collecting, driving and racing where and when I can over the past 7 odd years.

In recent times I married my beautiful wife (Tracy) around 3 years ago and we are the proud parents of a handsome little boy (Joshua) who is almost 17 months old now.
We tend to move around a bit as we are torn between family in Sydney and friends and lifestyle back on the Gold Coast, QLD.
I am Carpenter by trade but have branched into project management and then into sales repping for power tool companies.
Life is good. We have our health, a small family and a bright future.

Edit* Ive recently opted to move to the user name J.M. just to simplify things a little.

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

gmc572
Approved Member

Post by gmc572 »

ok right place this time :oops: hi the names Duarte everyone call me Eddy i'm 30 years old married 4 years , i'm a stone mason during summer and a automotive painter during the winter. Love anything R/C related pic of me at my stag&doe
Attachments
DSC00696.gif
DSC00696.gif (240.7 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
DSC00696.gif
DSC00696.gif (240.7 KiB) Viewed 2993 times

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

Hi all I'm Tim from good old York in England, I drive Taxis to make enough money to fund my RC habit, only RC10 is a NIB dual sport nitro tourer that I may well finally get time to build.
I'm wait for it 45 now and when asked if I am having a second childhood I deny strenuously on the grounds I'm not finished with the first one yet.
I owned a Tamiya Land Cheetah back when they were new and a home made nitro tether car with a propellor out of bits my brother left behind.
Started back on the RC trail 3 years ago with a Tamiya QD Thundershot and now I'm over 100 from 1/72 to 1/5 and just about everything inbetween
Me as was in the good old days
and now older uglier and definitely no wiser!!

TenzoR
Approved Member

Post by TenzoR »

Another Canadian guy, in Toronto, Ontario

Just got started on my first RC10 that I got from a friend. It's very different compare to the Tamiya that I'm more used to. It'll be a challenge ;) Hope I can pick some brains to get this car up and running in the snow :twisted: