harry697
Approved Member

Re: new LS-II build

Post by harry697 »

klavy69 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm
harry697 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:38 am

Yep, still here.
8)
Hey stranger! I returned here for your birthday, but you must have been out celebrating. :mrgreen:

So, I'm trying to post pics. It's telling me that the file is too large. And of course I have no idea how to change that. :roll:

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

have u sent the pic to yourself via text and saved it?
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

Resized_20210214_122418.jpeg

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

Looks like that worked. Kinda sucks to have to do it that way, but oh well.

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

Resized_20210214_122448.jpg
Anyways, this is how the LS2 is looking now. Still think I'm gonna get a reproduction lid, at least at first, and do a box art paint job on it. Still hesitant to break out the tires, wheels, and original body and decals. But I guess it wouldn't look right on display without it being 100% complete.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

harry697 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:14 pm Looks like that worked. Kinda sucks to have to do it that way, but oh well.
I have to do similar things with my phone. Sometimes I just screen-shot the image and use that.

Oddly enough, pictures taken by my Samsung tablet never have any problems.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

harry697 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:19 pm Still hesitant to break out the tires, wheels, and original body and decals. But I guess it wouldn't look right on display without it being 100% complete.
I think Traxxas still sells the wheels new, and some 2.2 stadium truck tires are still available.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:42 pm
klavy69 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm
harry697 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:38 am

Yep, still here.
8)
Hey stranger! I returned here for your birthday, but you must have been out celebrating. :mrgreen:

So, I'm trying to post pics. It's telling me that the file is too large. And of course I have no idea how to change that. :roll:
yeah, the picture posting for us 'older' guys gets frustrating but glad you got it figured out. Its looking good and good to see your still kicking your traxxas roots. Still running or just maybe off and on or like me...when you get around to it :?

:lol: out celebrating :lol: everyday above ground is a celebration this time of year :wink:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

Saying things have changed over recent years would be an understatement to say the least. Lol

I haven't legitimately raced an rc in many years. As you may remember, I got away from club racing and built my own backyard 10th scale track. Unfortunately it was on a friend's land and after roughly 5 years of hard work and dedication, he decided he didn't want it there any longer. :roll:

That lead to me building a much larger 8th scale track in my own backyard once I bought my new house back in 2016. We had a lot of fun running here for a few years, but it eventually seemed to die down. Track hardly got used at all in 2019. And of course, 2020 wasn't any better for obvious reasons. All the guys that ran here still talked about running, but that's all it was. Talk. Guess I can't blame anyone. I was in the same boat. Had intentions of running, but life just gets in the way sometimes. Plus, I'm getting too old to be working or even playing on a track in the middle of summer. Can't take the heat or cold like I used to. Lol

Between the lack of interest, overgrown track, and wife complaining, I ended up leveling my track this past summer. :(
Aside from that, the owner of the local track and hobby shop that I raced at for years prior had passed away. I believe that was 2019. So the track and shop were gone soon after. And 2 other gentleman that owned the closest two hobby shops to me also passed away around the same time. Went from having 3 hobby shops and a great track with 15 minutes of me to having no shops or tracks within an hour or more. That more or less killed the hobby for me, but not totally.

This is gonna sound pretty lame and I never thought I'd say it, but I started getting into rock crawlers somewhat recently. :lol: I always thought they were the dumbest thing and kinda still do. But we found a really good spot for them nearby. The place is actually pretty impressive. People put a lot of time and resources into this place and it almost makes owning a rock crawler worthwhile. :lol: :lol: A group of us will meet up maybe once or twice a month and run them for a couple hours.

I also picked up a Hobao Hyper MT plus 2 a few months ago. That truck has been crazy fun! So, it looks as though I went from being a die-hard racer and vintage enthusiast to a basher/rock crawler. Man, it sucks getting old! :lol: :?

But anyway, I'm gonna make an attempt at getting some more of these vintage projects finished up that have been sitting for years. Lost my job close to 9 months ago and I'm just now starting to get bored enough to go digging through the rc stuff.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 am Saying things have changed over recent years would be an understatement to say the least.
:shock: Daaayum Sam, you aren't kidding. :shock:

Yeah, grandkids change things up too.

LHS last summer after we put up a storage building to border the track realized theres more money in storage sheds than the guys running at the track so the last track is gone now too. He's leaving it grass so if anyone wants to come run they can but yeah, from 3 tracks to 2 to 1 to grass locally. Still got one about an 45 minutes away but they take their stuff way too seriously and takes the fun out of just being there.

Hope the job sorts itself out and better yet, hope you get some projects finished up(or vice versa/whichever your priority lies :wink: )

Wife always told me to put a track in but yeah, don't want people coming over at all times of the day and nosing around the place...especially in the trees( :P ) but just bought some property with my daughter so might put in a concrete oval yet for us to run on. Picture old farm lots and buildings here so nothing fancy.

Well, hope to catch up again later with some updates on this project 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!