real racing chassis

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

asashaw
Approved Member

Re: real racing chassis

Post by asashaw »

badhoopty wrote:
asashaw wrote:BADHOOPTY don't you have one or two of these? can we see pics?
i have what i think is a clone of a real racing chassis. its pretty much the same design except a little longer wb and it doesnt have the tabs for panels.

heres a pic before it got powdered:
http://pics.montypics.com/badhoopty/2007-03-19/1174352382_tubers.jpg
neat! wonder how many of those exist... did they weld the chassis all the way around? check this one out mike_dealer :)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

its welded up pretty good (brazed solid rod) but still has some spots that are the result of a homemade chassis. everything fits fine but some screw holes are off a little or wallowed out from a shakey drill hand. (chassis holes obviously not done on a press) it looks good all put together though, and since its lwb if i ever manage to build it i'll make a dedicated sandbuggy out of it with some wild brushless/lipo setup.

not to be a smartass but its definitely better quality than that one you got. i'm suprised the nose is welded on so crooked. i'd be bummed as hell to find that out after winning it on ebay.

you could always try to fix it yourself. i just tried brazing awhile back and its not at all as hard as i thought. its just like soldering but lots hotter.

if it were me, i'd redo that with a worlds front end if the bars arent in the way.

asashaw
Approved Member

Post by asashaw »

badhoopty wrote:its welded up pretty good (brazed solid rod) but still has some spots that are the result of a homemade chassis. everything fits fine but some screw holes are off a little or wallowed out from a shakey drill hand. (chassis holes obviously not done on a press) it looks good all put together though, and since its lwb if i ever manage to build it i'll make a dedicated sandbuggy out of it with some wild brushless/lipo setup.

not to be a smartass but its definitely better quality than that one you got. i'm suprised the nose is welded on so crooked. i'd be bummed as hell to find that out after winning it on ebay.

you could always try to fix it yourself. i just tried brazing awhile back and its not at all as hard as i thought. its just like soldering but lots hotter.

if it were me, i'd redo that with a worlds front end if the bars arent in the way.
not insulted in away, and I was thinking the same thing, maybe using the andys words setup becuase i have them and would like to go black parts on the chassis if I paint it white.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

white is dope.

lol.

mines going to be white rpm with the natural fiberglass towers. prolly mamba max if i ever get that far. kinda a 'frosty' theme, white with a hint of green.

i'm movin this thread to readers rides btw.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

btw the circled area in front is where one of the screw holes got wallowed out from not being tight enough... and the circles in the back are where the frame bends differently than the real racing chassis.

the front end is still plenty tough for a runner. i wish i had it done right now, it'd be fun as heck in the snow with paddles. again since its longer than the normal buggy wb i might see how 2.2 rears look on it.

hehe. i'm kinda talkin' myself into building it.

asashaw
Approved Member

Post by asashaw »

very cool