Team Associated RC10 Worlds Car

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Chunkychucky

Team Associated RC10 Worlds Car

Post by Chunkychucky »

Hi there, I recently inherited a Team Associated RC10 Worlds Car buggy from a recently deceased cousin. The car is unfortunately in a damaged state, and I would very much like to get it repaired to full working order due to the centimental value of it, although I am a little worried about the scarcity of parts for such an old model! I have some pictures illustrating the damage, I believe the main problem areas are the front/rear bulkheads, white RPM items, and also a new right rear teflon-coated shock absorber is needed as the other was damaged too badly. If anyone can help, please let me know. Many thanks!

Chuck

EDIT: Link to album on PhotoBucket, if it doesn't work someone please let me know.

http://s1034.photobucket.com/albums/a429/Forzaracing69/Team%20Associated%20RC10%20Worlds%20Car/

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Team Associated RC10 Worlds Car

Post by scr8p »

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/ has the parts you need. when you go to their site, in the left hand column, click on the r/c car. then click on associated. next, click on rc10 rpm, and there will be the front tower. if you click on rc10 (early models), in there will be the rear tower your looking for.

the rear tower that's on your car now can be found pretty much anywhere. but not the front. the fibrelyte parts are carbon fiber, so i would get both so that they match.

a decent used pair of rear shocks can be found on ebay at a good price, or a new pair can be bought for under $30.