My car in RRC 1992

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ruffy
Approved Member

My car in RRC 1992

Post by Ruffy »

I have to admit, I never bought or read many magazines back then. Most of the time it was because we were "making the news" and by the time it hit the press it was old news to us.
I never had seen this until today, but sure enough there is one of the many different photos I have seen of my car in a magazine.

Here is the link to the scanned image thread where it is posted, and I have pointed to my buggy in the photo. I still have this car and body just as you see it here. This was one of my first paint schemes I used for a long time, before I switched the colors around and dropped the orange stripe, keeping the Fl. Green, Blue, Black and white color scheme from when I raced motorcross... Team Green Kawasaki colors! which is where my color scheme came from initially way back then.

This is so cool to see this action shot after so many years have passed. As I approach 50 this does my heart well!
Thanks Jirka!
:D

Link http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20976
1992-Ruffys-car.jpg

Ruffy
Approved Member

Re: My car in RRC 1992

Post by Ruffy »

After that paint scheme I re-arranged the colors to these in this order, finalizing to what I am running today at the bottom.
RufGR1005.JPG
LgGreenReedyStickers.jpg
2010_Ruffy_PaintScheme2.jpg

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Very cool! I have ( somewhere :x ) the 2 magazines that I made it into during a couple of Nationals- ( not as cool shots as yours though :wink: )

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Post some scans Reggie, I'd love to see them! :D
The old days action shots really take me back. Funny how I had forgotten that track layout, but after reading Jirkas posted scans, I can now remember it quite clearly.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

What was the big "advantage" of Losi at that race?

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

I think Losi only had an advantage in the truck class that year, with their debut of the new Losi LXT truck that worked very well, coupled with the Hydra Drive it really helped them put the power down to the ground and helped the tires dig in very well for traction.
This was a long time ago and I barely remember anything that Team Losi did.
Notice that they mention that nearly all the top cars were being run box stock. I remember being in the 2WD A-main at some point in qualifying and being bumped waaaay back down the ladder, following the "rocket round" of qualifying where many racers went faster, and where I made a big mistake in. As soon as I made that mistake to be marshalled, I knew I was out. I just didn't realize how far down I would be pushed!
:lol:
I can't remember how far back, but I remember I was shocked.
The same thing almost happened to me in the Mod truck class I believe the following year, where I was in the middle of the A-main through 2 rounds of qualifying and made a mistake in the rocket round, just a roll-over. But that bumped me back to 8th or 9th on the grid for the triple A-mains. very close to being bumped out.