This what i think it is?

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bully
Approved Member

This what i think it is?

Post by bully »

Schumacher guy's, is this the sst99.. Got it with my cat 2000ec it has some purple blingy bits. I did a full hex screw conversion an replaced pins an shock shafts,shock mounts,shock bottoms,spring cups, an got some schumacher wheels. It came with a ton of new an some old spares
Attachments
new 051.jpg
new 049.jpg
new 047.jpg
new 045.jpg
after tidy up
after tidy up
DSCN1809.JPG
DSCN1809.JPG (35.98 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
DSCN1809.JPG
DSCN1809.JPG (35.98 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: This what i think it is?

Post by DerbyDan »

That sure looks like a 99' to me... I recently picked up one that looks like it was built but never run.... its stock though so doesn't have all the nice 'blingy' bits that yours has.

I used to be a 'B' Team driver for Schumacher & had an SST99 at that time - it used to drive really nicely from what I can remember, very well balanced, if a little un-responsive to set-up changes. The 'SST' didn't change that much from the very first model right up to the Axis... all the suspension & diff components stayed roughly the same it was just the chassis layouts ~ cell & motor positions, that seemed to move about. I know where my original 99' is - still sitting on the shelf of the guy who brought it off :!:

As a team driver I was expected to be seen to be running the latest chassis so moved to an Axis after only running the 99' for a year or so. I still have the Axis & I use it quite regularly as a drift car 8)

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Thanks mate, was there a pro version an is this a pro?

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

The 'Pro' version basically mean't that it came with alloy shock bodies & full ballraces (though not the diff ones) - I can't imagine anyone bothered to buy the 'sport' version or even if Schumacher ever offered it? All the other upgrades or 'Speed Secrets' parts had to be brought seperately. I would guess that your car started life as a 'Pro' kit.

This was an era when Schumacher's policy was to sell a reasonably specced car for roughly half the price of its rivals.... but making options avaliable to bring it up to the full spec of other cars (normally making the total cost more).

One of the things i'm trying to work out is what the differences were between the 98 & 99 cars? I'm pretty sure yours is a 99 as it looks the same as the one I have which came with 99' spec label on the box - but i'm wondering if the car I raced with bitd was actually a 98?

One of the nice upgrades you appear to have is the adjustable one-way (or 'ABS').... something that I think was first seen on the Street Weapon but as a simpler/more crude? clicker design.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Thanks for that mate. Yeh it's got alot of bling so i wasn't sure, so thanks for clearing that up..