FREE rc 10 gold pan restoration ( updated daily)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

FREE rc 10 gold pan restoration ( updated daily)

Post by matthew john »

heres the rc10 that i got for free. guy on craigslist gave it to me. had no wheels,electrics,and a bad trans and bearings.
when he told me what he got he said it was just a tub for a gold pan. i was suprized when i saw this!!
i got her stripped down , and cleaned up the nylon, scrubbed the bottom of the tub. just need to soak the tub to get them stickers off,and need to rebuild the shocks, and put her together. im suprized on how clean those nylon control arms came!!
heres the pics, Enjoy!!

those where the before pics

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Re: FREE rc 10 gold pan restoration ( updated daily)

Post by FasterLouder »

You lucky dude!
All The Way Alive

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

nice ride hope you dont take that sweet vision skateboards sticker off the front!!!! 8)

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

well, i couldnt sleep last nite ..or well now. its 2:54am hawaii time. been browsing around rc10talk,ebay,decided to do a little work on some thing. decided to work on this one.its the one thats been taken apart for the longest time, and some one told me since i got it for free i didnt appreciate it, thats why its still not put back together. soo... i did put it together , some what.

the white nylon did clean up better than what it was, and the chassis aint too bad, but not exactly shelf material.
i got the a arms on and the shcok towers, i only have a few good shocks, i need to find a rebuild kit or get some basket case rc10's so i can get some extra parts.( kinda running low on rc10 parts , i send my dad stuff, and other rc10 wrecks so he can restore em too.passes time till i can get home!)

i was reading in some older posts, i saw something like one of the site admin had gave away a free chassis or body or something, it was a rc10 , had a clear body, chassy was painted , but it looked good, i was that peach gold color,it had blue and white paint on the sides of the tub, guess it was a early rc10 or edinger version.

now i hate the idea of cutting up old goldtubs or stripping them down , or painting them, i just dont like the idea of that, if i get a gold pan that is ugly, it stays gold, clean it up the best i can.even the ones that have been drilled.
but i did like the way that rc10 looked that was in that post, so what i mite do is use this tub to try and copy what was done to that gold pan ( i hope some on knows what post im talking about), but for now im just going to clean it up and keep it as a goldpan. also for another A stamped gold tub, it has the 6 gear, and i use it as a runner here and there, well this gold pan im working on ( the one i got free) it doesnt have a trans, so im thinking of taking the trans from my runner and putting it in this one , and putting a white stealth in the other A goldpan i run, i wont drill holes, just use 2 screws on the back part of the motor plate, and use sticky tape.. its just temporary till i get more stuff. ( oh and all my rc stuff will be posted in the BST as soon as i get permission, all will be up except for rc10 goldpans, everything will be trade for other rc10 stuffs,just a heads up!)
will get pics later on today. off work today, so i got a day to play ( play day) .
"your attitude in general and had robbed you of any credibility in my opinion. honesty costs nothing by the way."
a quote from Bormac. i think he's rite.

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

well im a little behind on pictures, these are some pics i got as i was working on it. i ended up giving this one to my dad,he need a car to tinker on, and i obviously have enough. especially after the swap meet.

i think the white nylon cleaned up pretty good, but not perfectly. good enough for me i guess, its still a gold pan and vintage!

i got some pics of wat it looked like before i gave it to my dad. be sure to see my other updates on the other threads i posted.