Parts list for Losi Hydra-Drive? Update: Found 1 NIP!!!

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Parts list for Losi Hydra-Drive? Update: Found 1 NIP!!!

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

klavy69 wrote:
burnsmonkey wrote:Thats what Im saying, where is this LHS everyone talks about??
The Local Hobby Shop is all over the place. Just gotta do your digging to find them. There are lots of mom&pops hobby shops out there that just move the 'old' stuff off the hooks into the back room so they can display the quicker moving stuff. Alot of these places have closed up but still have remaining stock in boxes or storage...can't wait to do some digging some day when I can get some time into it. 15 years ago there were at least 12 hobby shops that were within a 45 minute drive and they just retired or closed the doors when ebay and the internet took over...even the chain stores are droppin like flies around here locally for me. Hobbytown went down a year ago and it really helped out the LHS in my town. Find yourself an old phone book from around where you live and check it out. Maybe you can find some treasures like metallicats33 did :wink:
Todd
x2
There is an LHS here in town that used to be within bike riding distance of my house when I was a kid. I thought the shop sucked because they were mostly into trains(I wasn't). They had a Marui Samurai for $129(I think)that I always walked past and thought WTF? Marui was all but unknown around here at the time. Time passed and I stopped in there on occasion and that Marui was still sitting there. Literally for 20 years. I finally took an interest in vintage r/c, which was actually just r/c to me, and realized what was sitting there. This place was literally rust and dust and I know the only reason they stayed open is because the owner was retired when he opened the place and probably hadn't had to pay rent for 20+ years. I went in there about 18 months ago and the same guy was running the place. he had sold all his "car stuff" to someone about 4 months before I got there for like $100. No telling what else had been there. I only remember the Samurai distinctly. I wasn't out to get it and re-sell it or anything. Not that I care if people do, but I just wanted a NIB Samurai or any other old kit for that matter. If only I had been there 4 months and one day earlier. Anyway, my thread jacking days were over(I thought :lol: ), but I just had to bring this up. Everyone keep an eye out... :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

burnsmonkey
Approved Member

Re: Parts list for Losi Hydra-Drive? Update: Found 1 NIP!!!

Post by burnsmonkey »

Wise men with words of wisdom. 8)
To the phonebook I go.