Just getting back into rc

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scottfair2003

Just getting back into rc

Post by scottfair2003 »

I don't have a ton of cash available to basically "waste" on this hobby as I have many hobbies one of which includes motorcycles so with three bikes in the shed it is hard to justify more "hobby" expenses to the wife!

I found this on ebay. Can anyone tell me which rc10 it is. By looking at all the manuals on the associated I believe I am right in guessing it's an RC10t the first one with the skinny tires.

I paid 83 dollars for the whole setup shown. I figure it doesn't have to work there are enough parts there that it shouldn't take much more than some TLC and a few bucks to get up. I think its a good deal just looking at the extras.

My plan is to strip ehr all the way down. Use a little ritz on some of the plastic. I am going to use some airplane stripper on the chassis and maybe the shock towers etc to clean off all the coating.

I found this paint that works really well if used with care and patience. It makes things that are silver look like they are truely anodized. I semi opaque metallic paint.

I figure with some time and patience I could make this a hot little car!

Cant wait until it arrives to get to work.

I ordered a Proline 05 Ford f-150 body and some paints from tower hobbies. Have not settled on wheel tire combos yet, will cross that bridge when I get to it it looks like it might be awhile. I wont have the money for parts really soon so I do have some time to clean /paint/dye re-assemble.

Tell me what you think. I will show the rebuild in stages right here.
Attachments
rc103.jpg
Here is everything I am getting for 83 bucks.
rc103.jpg (72.15 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
rc103.jpg (72.15 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
none yet

scottfair2003

Another pic

Post by scottfair2003 »

Here is a couple close ups of the car
Attachments
rc101.jpg
rc101.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
rc101.jpg
rc101.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
none yet

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I am by no means a 10T expert, templeofspeed seems to know the most.......... but the gold shock towers on the table are Traxxas Bullet parts and will not bolt directly up to your 10T.

scottfair2003

This is the rear

Post by scottfair2003 »

Looking at the chassis being metal and black pan type is one of the clues I took to guess it is a first gen rc10t. Also notice it has the stealth transmission but that could be an add on as it is obviously modified. Another clue to me was the front shock towers, although this may not be the stock ones either. SO I am weighing the most weight on the black aluminum tub type chassis. Am I right?
Attachments
rc102.jpg
the rear
rc102.jpg (91.74 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
the rear
the rear
rc102.jpg (91.74 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
none yet

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

That's a hodgepodge of stuff... Probably started out as an early 7011 sport truck (which is after they quit including the skinny front wheels). It's got an RPM "Worlds 91" buggy front shock tower, 1996 on/T2/later GT era arms, the arms, MIP CVD's and graphite tranny brace were probably later additions. Common updates to a basic truck kit that was used/bashed. :wink:

Nice pink trans, I might be persueded to trade those tranny cases for some used white ones (my Technicolor Vomit graphite car could put those to good use... 8) )

The first kits (with skinny front wheels) are number 7001 and had hard anodized teflon coated shocks, thin shock towers, dogbone rear axles, and all white plastic parts. late 1991-early1993

Yours is not a 7001.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

The arms shown on the table are both buggy and truck arms, as well. There are two different types of white truck front arms, single shock mount and dual shock mount. The dual mount arms are from the 7011/7035 trucks that have thick shock towers.

Oh, you've got the T2 battery hold down too... :?

I guess I may know too much about the trucks... :roll:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if you'd like to sell/trade the nip white a-arms by the controller in your pic, let me know. :wink:

scottfair2003

Funny

Post by scottfair2003 »

So basically it is a frankenmobile. I will have to experiment to see what works and what does not. So although I may have some of these parts available later on........I may be using some of them just not sure what yet. I will have to experiment to see how I want it to look. I am thinking at this point I would like to have white arms ( dyed not white ) obviously I am not a purist. I just want it to ge good and handle well with my own personal taste of good looks. I dont want it to look like a basher and it wont when I am done.............then I will let you all scavengers know what is available for sale/trade.
none yet

scottfair2003

so was it a decent deal

Post by scottfair2003 »

Did I do OK for 83 bucks including shipping?
none yet

scottfair2003

Bodies

Post by scottfair2003 »

I baught a proline f-150 body for this car/truck. It is supposed to fit a JATO........will I have any problems putting it on?

FYI I already painted it and trimmed it where it is supposed to be trimmed minus the cutouts for the engine and exhaust on the JATO
none yet

scottfair2003

Post by scottfair2003 »

Are there forums that are more active than this one? This seems like an awefully slow forum. I am not used to posting questions or comments without reply for days on end.
none yet

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

$83 shipped for all that, not to shabby. The body can be made to fit with creative cutting and body post positioning, shouldn't be a problem though.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

scottfair2003 wrote:Are there forums that are more active than this one? This seems like an awefully slow forum. I am not used to posting questions or comments without reply for days on end.
not being smart, but would you rather have a bunch of people respond with "i don't know if a jato body will fit on an rc10t"?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

If it were me, I would assume that if I did not get a response, then no one has the experience of putting on a Jato body onto 10T. Just try it and see what happens, then you can educate the rest of us, in the instance that we might want to put a Jato body on a 10T. :wink:

I have been here for about 6 months now and quite a few posts myself, some get answered within 10 minutes and some go unanswered. It is all good. We all spread the love fairly well around here. :D