my old rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dsmith
Approved Member

Re: my old rc10

Post by dsmith »

ok.. after countless e-mails i finally scored one i was happy with..
what do ya think?
i think she will clean up very nice 8)
this appears to be just like the one i had pictured above...thrown in also was a new(unpainted) viper body and wing but no wire for the wing..i'm gonna try and replicate my old body if i can :D
the tires on the front of this one compared to my old ones look ....not as round..and the knobby's seem thicker than my old ones...
the bottom has hardly a scratch on it(pics kinda suck).. A stamped chassis...i'm the 3rd owner of the car...
thanks for the help 8)

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Hey that looks great!! I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with this - including seeing the finished bodyshell :D Are you intending to run this car or will you be sitting it on the shelf to look cool :?: 8)

Strange as i've got an A stamp gold pan aswell that not only seems to be in similar condition - also came with an unfinished shell & wing.... & i've seen similar cars for sale on the bay aswell, its like alot of these cars got built & maybe test run - but never got fully finished & never used again :|

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

DerbyDan wrote:Hey that looks great!! I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with this - including seeing the finished bodyshell :D Are you intending to run this car or will you be sitting it on the shelf to look cool :?: 8)

Strange as i've got an A stamp gold pan aswell that not only seems to be in similar condition - also came with an unfinished shell & wing.... & i've seen similar cars for sale on the bay aswell, its like alot of these cars got built & maybe test run - but never got fully finished & never used again :|
it's gonna be a shelfer 8)

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That is a good looking chassis!

junkman
Approved Member

Post by junkman »

[/quote]
it's gonna be a shelfer 8)[/quote]

I can understand that, that is a clean one!

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

That is a nice looking car.I just scored one about a month ago and it looks gross compared to your's.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

i ripped the whole car apart and cleaned it and it's back together now...what i found...
1.6613 gear is chewed(need a new one)but still works for time being.
2.bushings in trans...caused 6613 to be chewed.
3.the bushing that has the lip and goes into gear 6612 wasn't long enough
there's space enough for 2 bearings that go in there. there was like 1/4 of play.
i found some plastic bushings that fit in the space to help with play for now.it's just a shelfer anyways..eventually im shootin for a flawless almost NOB shelfer.
5.bolts and such missing(replaced now)

the body is painted and i'm hopeing to find the same decals i had(workin on that now)i haven't looked yet but i also need 3 bolink #'s.like in the pic.
the paint color is a exact match almost(i couldn't believe it)
pics of how it is now soon 8)

wyattroa
Approved Member

Post by wyattroa »

RedScampi wrote:Nice car, sorry you lost it! Welcome to the forum...the cows are getting out of the barn though :P :oops:
LOL i was looking around and like, where the hell is the barn? Then i caught on...lol
robert

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

getting closer...just waiting on the decals...
and a new wire and wing since i hacked this one up for my b2 wing wire i found...lol

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Nice clean chassis, very cool, i dig the dash line. 8)

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

i need to get them plastic nuts off the front...i have OG metal nuts that go on there i think..
i also would like to add that i think i figured out why this thing is so clean...whoever built it..just put the bushings in...the wrong bushings or something not right...started to chew up the idle gear and prob drove crappy...got disgusted with it..... and just stored it away not even opening the trans. to investigate...=clean shelfer.

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

dsmith wrote: Image
ok after going through some post,i've narrowed it down to a late edinger that i currently own...4 rib frt tires..no cups on the shocks...A stamp on the bottom..no lettering on the tires..small gaskets on the frt shocks...still i haven't read anything on the 2 rib frt tires like i have pictured here..as these are the tires that came stock with my old rc10..and the rears look different also....i have not found any info on these tires yet to determin the year these were oem tires..does someone know about or seen these tires before?
thanks

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

after going through some basement stuff i ran across this envelope that had this advance ad in it...these are the wheels i had on my old rc10.i had the 8 hole ones.i pretty much bought them and it got stolen :cry: .
i just thought i would share the ad for those who never seen them before :mrgreen:

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

need to trim up the body better...wait for some pinstripe that is impossible to get 5ft. of....stick my #'s on and should be close to finished..long term plans are yokomo gold motor,d&d graphite shock mount.

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Post by joey_zrl »

It's great to see that you found an old RC10 like the one you had as a kid. That's a great story all in itself. Plus, you finally got around to installing those mini mags. 8)