10l Batmobile

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

knucklebuster
Approved Member

10l Batmobile

Post by knucklebuster »

So I find this used Batmobile body listed on epay with one $4 bid. I call my friend Dave to let him know about the auction that I am about to steal for my 10l runner.

I let him know in no uncertain terms that I was gonna smoke him next we ran. Turns out he is the $4 dollar bidder. Small world... good thing I called.

Dave's 10l Batmobile modified with battery running parallel to the rear axle, much like the Bolink on the right I slipped into this forum. The Batmobile sticks like glue running a 6.5 novak brushless.
Attachments
batmobile 001.jpg
batmobile 002.jpg

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Re: 10l Batmobile

Post by LTO_Dave »

MOFO! I think that's a Premier Designs Bat Wedge dirt oval from years ago. I had one on a Reflex 10 oval car I used to have:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

My best friend(still is)had his senior picture taken with a 10L Batmobile. I'll have to run a scan the next time I'm there. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

LTO_Dave wrote:MOFO! I think that's a Premier Designs Bat Wedge dirt oval from years ago. I had one on a Reflex 10 oval car I used to have:

thanks Dave!

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:My best friend(still is)had his senior picture taken with a 10L Batmobile. I'll have to run a scan the next time I'm there. :lol:
Too funny... I must see that picture!

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Wow, don't remember seeing that body...hey I have some of those inside numbers laying around.

scoobyvoodoo

Post by scoobyvoodoo »

That thing is pretty weird looking. Front end looks kind of long. :shock: thats what she said. lol

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

That body KILLED dirt oval racing in the early 90s. Took more than a decade for the sport to recover from the damage that body and a few other factors did to DO racing. Not to mention that it is hideously ugly, to boot.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Eau Rouge wrote:That body KILLED dirt oval racing in the early 90s.
Please elaborate. :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

The body was paper thin, and had SO much downforce that 2wd cars could run no lift just about everywhere they raced oval. The body was a pre-cursor to the Custom Works Bullet that did essentially the same thing. Combined with silicone tires, the cars were ridiculous to drive, and tool little or no skill to be fast.

When 2wd cars are running no lift, then it's whomever has the best batteries to last 4 minutes with the most powerful motor. The 2wd cars were faster than Dominators instantly when this body hit, and when that happened, it was a short time before the battery game (7-cell SCE) forced even the best drivers to look elsewhere for racing options.

It was a war of the best battery matchers, and the guys with the deepest pockets or team/factory connections.

Most left dirt oval racing completely when that happened.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Eau Rouge wrote:The body was paper thin, and had SO much downforce that 2wd cars could run no lift just about everywhere they raced oval. The body was a pre-cursor to the Custom Works Bullet that did essentially the same thing. Combined with silicone tires, the cars were ridiculous to drive, and tool little or no skill to be fast.

When 2wd cars are running no lift, then it's whomever has the best batteries to last 4 minutes with the most powerful motor. The 2wd cars were faster than Dominators instantly when this body hit, and when that happened, it was a short time before the battery game (7-cell SCE) forced even the best drivers to look elsewhere for racing options.

It was a war of the best battery matchers, and the guys with the deepest pockets or team/factory connections.

Most left dirt oval racing completely when that happened.
Interesting info. :) I just have to wonder if it didn't have more to do with the evolution of r/c racing bodies and the fact that batteries were on the way up. It seems a deep pocket was the biggest factor in all forms of racing during that period. I was going thru puberty so a deep pocket was a big factor in my life as well. :lol: Sorry, I seriously CANNOT help myself. :roll: Actually I'm pissed because we were racing 10Ls on a tight oval and I could have used that downforce! :evil: I thought the body was too much of a gimmick and never had an interest. I love looking back at it though! :D And for those unlike you that can't paint, the all black design was easy to master! :P
Ken

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

How did that body do on corners? Because if that was good too I think we should get a wide version produced...

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

i happened to come across 3 of these bodies on ebay a few years ago. 2 are new and 1 is painted black. they are how ever different 2 are exactly like the picture and 1 has the rear more molded with more pronounced fins like the original tim burton batmobile instead of flat and dished like a solid wing or spoiler. i will have to mabey get some pictures mabey doug could shed some light on them.

scoobyvoodoo

Post by scoobyvoodoo »

I think a scale batmobile body for regular touring style cars would be the cats pajama's. Any one out there produce one?