Pizza delivery!?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Pizza delivery!?

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

I delivered pizza in a 1998 chevy s10 4 banger 5 speed and it was a lot of fun! I remember my first week i got a 12 dollar tip, it was a cool experience to dream big delivering pizzas! Sometimes you have a bad night, sometimes you have a good night. My boss used to say its like rolling dice!! And plus you get to listen to your own radio. Anybody have any cool stories delivering pizza or getting pizza delivered?

veghead211

Re: Pizza delivery!?

Post by veghead211 »

I work as a pizza delivery driver since losing my pretty decent job at IBM and returning to school. There are some good things about it, I work with a lot of pretty girls which is the only thing that makes up for the fact that managers in the food service industry usually are complete assholes. Most of the customers I encounter are pretty nice, unless you end up delivering to a bad part of town where people usually don't tip and you are there at night with a lot of cash on you. I would never recommend this job to anyone, unless you are in a situation like me where you are in dire need of money. The external costs usually balance out the money you make in tips: oil changes, tires, brake pads, not to mention the wear and tear on your car, along with the high miles that depreciate the value of your car. I work with mostly young kids who are just trying to make spending money, not earn a living so they really don't care.
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

Hahahahahah!

I always at one time or another during my first 10 years in the Coast Guard delivered pizza.

My favorite place to deliver was the Domino's store in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. PPB is on the "Jersey Shore" north of Seaside Hights. Rich beach community, but a lot of mob. They were good tippers.

My favorite night was Dec 31 1991. Ended up at a house party delivering pizza before the bash started. Guy paid me, got a $20 tip, and got to test the ice luge. I ended up back there and stayed the night. I ended hooking up with a big haired jersey girl that night, and got a better tip.....

I got tons of pizza delivery stories.

Halloween night 1996, I was delivering for the Dominos store in Nashua, NH. I had worked there during high school in the 80's and worked there while I was stationed in Gloucester, MA.

So I was driving down this dark road, and a kid jumped out in front of my car (I thought it was a kid). I hit the "kid" and ran over it. I freaked out, got out the car, and found it was a well dressed scarecrow. I was just about in tears! I was so distraught by the time I delivered the pizzas, the guy gave me a shot of wiskey and a ten spot......

lpddpd
Approved Member

Post by lpddpd »

I remember in high school working on some after school project, we ordered something like 5 large everything pizzas for pick up and then of course no showed because our buddy was working that night and he brought them over after his shift. :P

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Back when I was fresh out of high school and just got my first set of wheels I landed a job delivering pizzas.
A full time job was a new concept for me and I had no idea what to expect.
My first and only delivery was to a University which I was not familiar with. I got there on time but couldn't find the buyer anywhere. It was frustrating and put me off as I had to return back to the shop with the order.
Needless to say I lost the job, should I count this as a blessing?
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

That’s odd Jason. In my experience, wait, I didn’t phrase that right, from what I’ve heard, yeah that’s better, it shouldn’t be hard finding a pizza buyer at a University. From what I remember, ah damn, I mean from what I’ve overheard, it shouldn’t be hard to find someone who would suddenly remember ordering that pizza. :lol: :lol:

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

i remember one time i was working with my boss, he took a call for a medium pizza with EVERY topping on it i dont remember how much it was, but it was enough to buy something way better like 2 pizzas! i was laughing cuz i knew no way in heck would they really want a pizza with every topping, it would be so nasty...anchovies, all kinds of meats and peppers and different cheese, and all veggies, gross! they probably meant a combo pizza, but they said every topping so thats what they got! I bet right when they opened that pizza he was like... ugh nasty whats that smell! but hey i delivered it so it was hot!