== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

proof
Approved Member

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by proof »

Im John from quebec canada im 33 i recently bought an 87 associated goldpan,,i bought it for a father/son build and i love searching for parts that are discontinued :roll: :twisted: lol
no pictures as of now but will get 1 up soon ;)
84 rc10 Goldpan (project)
rc12 l4 (project)
Slash 4x4 vxl (sold)
Slash 4x4 vxl platine (sold)
Stampede 4x4 vxl (sold)
Exceed Mad warrior nitro <--GARBAGE (sold)
Crono Prima nitro (sold)

ratdude
Approved Member

Post by ratdude »

I am Ralph, 45 from northern Ohio . Was into RC in the mid-late 90's . without the cash to really do what I wanted .

Now I am able to buy a lot of the stuff I wanted back in the day but couldn't afford ! :D

Rat

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

Hey guys I'm Jeff Harris. Yeah I know that makes 2 of us but I swear I'm probably better looking. :lol:
First car was a Fox which was fast but handled like crap. Got a RC10 shortly after and the rest is history. I've owned close to 20 Rc10s in different configutations thru the years. Off road, on road, dirt oval, you name it. I live in Alexandria Alabama. Have raced all over the southeast back in the day. All the guys around Atlanta called us the Alabama Gang. They didn't like us too well either. Oh well. Great site here. Married for 17 years, 54 years old, still race Hare scrambles on my 08 RM250 and getting back into RC. Got a SC10 4x4 for Christmas but jonesing for a 1/10 buggy. See my new old man thread. Still haven't made my mind up of making a runner out of it or just getting a B4.1. Anyway after finding this site it makes me sad for selling all my stuff back in the mid 90s. I'm the servce manager at a Polaris dealership so any ? about Polaris I'll try and help you guys out. One more thing GO RC10 !!Image

Yeah I like the MILLER

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

I'm Tim. I'm 30 years old, and have been playing with RC cars for about 23 of them. My car list over the years, in approximate order has been:

Kyosho Turbo Optima*
Kyosho Outlaw Rampage
Rc10 worlds car
T2
B2
Yokomo yz10
B3
Tamiya ta02 s10*
T3
B3
Yokomo yr4m team car
Tc3*
Rc18t
Rc4wd bruiser*
B4
Kyosho laser zx5
Tamiya Fox
B4
T4*
B4.1*

The starred ones are the ones I still have. I raced actively from the mid 90's to early 00's, and again for a little over a year now. I recently got bit by the vintage bug, so that's what brought me here.

mwffrva

Post by mwffrva »

hello, my name is Mark, 42, live in the Shenandoah valley of Va, i am new to this site but not rc. i got my first rc10 in 1986, raced it on a local indoor carpet track, was a member of the FRRCRA now long gone. now i just collect and run for fun. i like anything rc, to me its all good. i wish i would have discovered this site a long time ago because it is a great one, my 2 favorite of all time without a doubt is rc10 gold pan and original blackfoot. as soon as i figure out how to post pics here i will be back---

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Hi I’m Steve and here’s my bio,

I’m 37, grew up in in metro Detroit than moved to the NW burbs of Chicago in 2006. Proud father of a 3yr old gearhead named Jack. Married to a wonderful girl that still puts up with sh!t and my hobby related compulsive tendencies. I’m a mechanical engineer by trade and also play with 1/24 scale slot cars and 1:1 scale toy cars/motorcycles.

My first hobby grade RC came at the age of ten (RC10 of course). In the late 80’s I got my first taste of 1/8th nitro parking lot/club racing with a RC250, than eventually upgraded to a 2wd RC500 with a 2 speed. By 1995 I was racing carpet on-road with a 12L set-up for 4-cell stock. I took a break from racing shortly after that not to return until just over a year ago. Now I’m back racing 1/10 off-road and having more fun than ever.

And thanks RC10Talk, if it wasn’t for all the amazing build threads on this site I would have never been inspired to dig out my vintage stuff!

Some of my handy work...
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

My 1:1 toy car projects...
Image Image Image
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

I guess I should add myself to this. I'm Carl. I am 35. I Sergent in the U.S. Army. Combat engineer. Been into hobby grade rc's since 95 and love classic cars like my 76 Cougar. Don't let the uglyness scare you lol. Oh originaly from South Carolina but currently stationed in Texas
Attachments
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I'm Jeff.

I live in SoCal and work as an automotive designer. Most of my work involves designing show cars for celebs, promotional vehicles for companies, and movie/picture cars.

I collect all things VW, but mostly focus on Volkswagen based vintage R/C and slot cars these days.
I recently made a big move. The new home is getting sorted out, and as I unpack, I'm realizing I don't have enough shelf space in the garage for all the R/C cars... :roll:

As I get the R/C display organized, I'll start to photograph individual cars that are complete, and finish up pending projects (there's a lot!).
:D
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

NICE!!! Wish I still had all my VW stuff! :? Lost it all in a fire :cry:
"I'm like the fat girl at the prom, just glad to be here!!!

Southern Fried Racing : The Sequel

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

Goatless wrote:NICE!!! Wish I still had all my VW stuff! :? Lost it all in a fire :cry:
Damn! After seeing you burglary thread, and then hearing that... :cry: :evil: Next time you're in Southern CA, you're welcome to drive any of my vintage R/C or slot cars :D
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

Man, thanks!! This was years ago :? I'd definitely love to see your collection. 8)

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

I'm David, 37, born & bred in Memphis, TN. My 1st RC was a Grasshopper, later an RC10. Later in life, when T-Maxxes came out, I got into that real big doing bashes and Monster Truck events in Memphis, St. Louis and Kansas City with a club from St. Louis (ShowMeRC). That led me to racing where I raced 1/8 expert buggy locally and with the RC Pro-Series for a brief stint. Local tracks closed and we couldn't afford to travel any longer which led to our retirement. I got back into it when guys built a dirt oval here and I purchased a Losi Slider and converted my TC3 into a dirt modified. The "new to me" vintage stuff I just acquired has sparked my old flame, and we are coming out of retirement. Going to race Short Course with my old teammate. His son is now old enough, and my girlfriend wants to race, so here we are :lol:

Me and my girl

My babies, whom I've raised solo since they were 7 & 5

Me working the infield at the Indoor Kart Nationals

On the weekends, I help with an Open Wheel Modified, yea, welding at the track is not a good night :?

In action, Wesmar baby!! 8)

Our Wesmar powered 360

Its twin :lol:

Me getting the twins ready for the A Main

What I drive on the weekends

TerryC
Approved Member

Post by TerryC »

New guy here.

Name's Terry (duh) and I live in Southeast Georgia.

I was into RC awhile back, a couple of cars, then heavily into boats (built everything from electric scale to gasoline deep Vs).

Haven't done anything RC for almost 20 years, I just have too many other things going. Guns, guitars, motorcycles, scale model artillery (yeah baby!) . . .

But me and a couple of coworkers decided we were going to race RC cars. Just one of those spur of the moment decisions.
We will soon have a concrete track, and decided our format would be pan cars with dirt oval style bodies since we've all been into stock car racing at one time or another.

When we were discussing what we should run, I said from the beginning we needed RC10s. Eventually I won out and vintage RC10L became the ride of choice. So far we have three L3 chassis completed, two more with all the parts but some work needed, and a couple more that are, for now, part donors which will be rebuilt eventually. We have L, L2, and L3 represented so far.

And I don't even have "mine" (RC10L) yet! C'mon mailman!!!

Needless to say, this has snowballed far beyond what we originally intended and there are parts, old and new, everywhere you look.
Three new radios and a stack of battery packs (Tower Hobbies will love us long time) and I'm not even sure how many used radios and packs. I have one new radio and at least one (possibly two) used ones on the way.

Oh, and tires. Lots of tires.

We are in totally over our heads, and the concrete isn't even poured yet!!!

I will try to get some pics of the progress (if you can call it that) as we go.

:mrgreen:

TerryC
Approved Member

Post by TerryC »

And speaking of pics . . .

-------
Well, low and behold as I was spending MY lunchbreak soldering on OTHER people's stuff. . .

Suddenly I have a big box from the mailman!
One of MY cars is here:

This thing is going to need some work. Underneath that pretty body it's filthy, the rear tires are cracked, and the batteries are shot (they will take some charge but won't hold it). Every piece on it needs to be cleaned and/or polished.
But it will eventually be RC10Talk worthy I hope. The saddle pack is going away, I have a set of battery cups for it as well as some servo mounts. Eventually the front suspension will be upgraded. The receiver and servo will be replaced with the ones that came with my new Futaba radio, and the forward-only ESC may go as well.

And of course a late-model body.

It came off eBay so someone here may recognize it. If so, I'd like to hear anything you have on the life history of this car.

Now if my RC10T will just get here (so I can play in the dirt, while I'm waiting on the concrete).
And my batteries, and my charger, and my tires, and my other radios, and . . .

:mrgreen:

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Hello guys and gals my name is john but everyone calls me farmer (long story for another day) i have been a lurker on here for awhile,just never posted anything im 40 yrs young, been raceing and flying anything with a remote and sometimes with strings .I have about 15 to 20 rc cars in my collection,anything from almost a box mint jerobee vette ,to the f,350 3 speed,with alot of inbetween <- is that a word,lol,also many rc10s and Ts . I will post some pics when i figure it out. same with the avatar i have a pic just cant seem to get it small enough.This pic i will try to load is a pic of me and my friends helping my stepfather and his friends win the first 8 hour enduro at a track called hot traxx down in huntington beach CA im the kid in the back with the black hat, We were TEAM TEN i think i was 13 are 14 there, Well long story short i hope that i can be a valued member to this site in time to come thx farmer
Attachments
img036.jpg
img036 (2).jpg
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!