My "new" RC10..Help Please

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jon burrows
Approved Member

Re: My "new" RC10..Help Please

Post by jon burrows »

Lonestar wrote:
ando88 wrote: Where I can found a wheelie bar for the rc10 or a wheelie bar that i can mount on my car but not for rc10? because i'm not able to build a great wheelie bar myself.
The point obviously didn't come across :mrgreen:

Andrea - I'll try one last time.

Trying to do wheelies in the street with a gold tub is just WRONG... Probably why there is no aftermarket wheelie bar that I know of available for the gold tub. If you want to pop wheelies in your driveway, then go get yourself some traxxas vxl plasticky piece of RTR... Or a Wild Willy II, or a lunchbox... but NOT an RC10.

;)

Paul

:lol: I just laughed so hard soda came out of my nose :lol:

Claymore5150
Approved Member

Re: My "new" RC10..Help Please

Post by Claymore5150 »

Bah, it's not heresy.....I consider it awesomeness.....if it is a RUNNER.

I don't recommend doing that with a shelf queen...but getting a 20+yr old buggy to do rip a wheelie on demand is cool....

It's also really cool to slap a 3s in there and get it over 60mph.

But the best coolness is taking it to the track and doing REALLY well in open/modified buggy class against b4.1, tlr22, etc...

The true beauty of an classic/vintage RC-10 is what it CAN be or do....it can be a vintage VONAT racer, a club racer, it can be a shelf queen, oval racer, carpet racer, monster truck, stadium truck, short course truck, rail buggy, 4wd, road car, star in a movie.....it can do so many things...the possibilities are endless.

She wants to rip a wheelie....by all means, roast the tires, girl! Fab up a wheelie bar and be the coolest thing on the cobblestones in the neighborhood. Chase dogs and little old ladies around. Drag race 1:1 mopeds through the streets. Smile and wink and tell them it's an old school RC10, slightly modified.

RC10 Gold Pan Wheelie ripper....
Original Gold Pan, Stealth 2.25 tranny, b4 topshaft/v2 slipper (helpful but not necessary...since you already have them).
Modern wheels to run modern tires without any modification use these...they mount right up.
http://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/products/
And your choice of 2.2" buggy tires.
Put a brushless motor in the thing with a 2s Lipo, tighten up the slipper and it's time for wheelies!

As for the Wheelie Bar kit....I don't think there is one made specifically for the RC-10 gold pan, but I DO know it can be done as a friend of mine has one on his and it goes 60+mph. You can get lots of wheelie bar PARTS and stuff at....
http://www.twistedrc.com/index.php and search "wheelie bar".

Hope that helps!
Itchy Trigger Finger and RC Throttle Junkie
R.O.C.C.K. Proud Member
B.B.R.C. Proud Member

94CErunner/T2runner/2wd Slash LCG/