Lazer ZXR series?

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

j0pp3
Approved Member

Re: Lazer ZXR series?

Post by j0pp3 »

Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Thing is the zx, zxr, zxs are an evolution of belt drives but the zx5 is a shaft so really isnt a lazer.
If the zx5 is not a Lazer then you could also say that the first ZX was not a Lazer. Just a refined Optima Mid :mrgreen:
Cheers
Joel

HKS_TRD
Approved Member

Post by HKS_TRD »

PerKr wrote:hmmm... I seem to recall there being a ZX-R and ZX-S (pretty much the same car but the S didn't have "gold" shocks or as much carbon as the R and probably a few more things that could be upgraded to R spec) around the same time as the Triumph? Back in 1994 or something like that?
You are probably thinking of the ZX-Sport which was basically just a down-spec version of the ZX-R, I think it even had bushes instead of bearigs!

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

j0pp3 wrote:
Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Thing is the zx, zxr, zxs are an evolution of belt drives but the zx5 is a shaft so really isnt a lazer.
If the zx5 is not a Lazer then you could also say that the first ZX was not a Lazer. Just a refined Optima Mid :mrgreen:
Do you know why they went from belt to shaft, if you did then youd understand. The Optima had many variences and were all superb cars and every new model did push the boundaries further, then after developing that as far as they could go at that time along came the ZX and was a better car, then onto the zxr, then mk2 then RR and all the cars up to this point were developing new things and boundaries were further pushed making them all exceptional.

Then the ZXS came along and was more of a show off model to show what could be done and due to a lot of persuasion a small amount were released into the Japanese market. Yes the team did win the japanese nats beating Masami and making the worlds A final just like the ZXR and ZX. However the ZXS is more closer to a mid than the ZX and was a shame that the development stopped over night to compete for more business against the competition by going shaft. I blame the designer as he was the reason kyosho went backwards.

Some of the zx5 (front and rear hubs, knuckle arms) were just taken from the ZXS and thrown into the shaft drive chassis design. The zx5 isnt in the same circle and is the reason why we say it doesnt deserve the name as its not a belt drive. If they called it an Optima would you be happy, i kindof know you would say no.