Delta Phaser project

The place for all things Delta.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

V12
Approved Member

Re: Delta Phaser project

Post by V12 »

oca1 wrote: This servo saver is for the Novak bantam midget square drive from the late 70's. I'm also building a later version of the Super Phaser, when delta came out with their own complete kit.

Your project car is looking good!
Just found your Super Phaser thread. Your car looks really good. Seems a ready build to me what do you mean with building now? Another one?
Where did you get those wheels? These are no Delta wheels but actually coming from the UK Gemini cars. I´m looking for those also as I was running them with some of my cars back in the days. I remember red and black colour ones, I have just one single black one here.

BTW I also thought the Super Phaser was sold as a complete kit but now looking at old ads and a test report I did notice early Super Phaser cars were sold as the Phasers without steering blocks, rear diff/axle and wheels. The UK distributor that time sold the car then completed with wheels and other parts from the Gemini car.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Yesterday I found an old RRC magazine with racereport from the 1982 IFMAR Worlds 1/12th http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23511
These pictures are black/white only and quite small but some things you could see also. Arturo was using RC12E wheels at his Super Phaser what means the Delta wheels were invented later. So Delta wheels would look good at the Phaser of course but also would not be accurate.

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

Really impressive spur gear cleaning, that spur looks as good as new! That cleaning machine that You have will cost itself back really soon in this hobby. Also other parts looks like new from pics.

What is the idea of those two chassis plates so close but not in contact of each other? To get right kind of chassis suspension? Should saddle pack or stick pack batteries be used in this car? Also what is the meaning of that white pin in the middle of the chassis?

Really nice project.

Jirka

oca1
Approved Member

Post by oca1 »

V12 wrote:
oca1 wrote: This servo saver is for the Novak bantam midget square drive from the late 70's. I'm also building a later version of the Super Phaser, when delta came out with their own complete kit.

Just found your Super Phaser thread. Your car looks really good. Seems a ready build to me what do you mean with building now? Another one?
Where did you get those wheels? These are no Delta wheels but actually coming from the UK Gemini cars. I´m looking for those also as I was running them with some of my cars back in the days. I remember red and black colour ones, I have just one single black one here.

BTW I also thought the Super Phaser was sold as a complete kit but now looking at old ads and a test report I did notice early Super Phaser cars were sold as the Phasers without steering blocks, rear diff/axle and wheels. The UK distributor that time sold the car then completed with wheels and other parts from the Gemini car.
Sorry for the confusion, I'm actually building a Phaser now and not a Super Phaser as mentioned in my earlier post. I got the wheels with a car that I bought. I'm not so familiar with the UK Gemini Cars, thanks for the info.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Yes using the ultrasonic cleaner did work very good, much better than expected. For some cars with worse condition I will try the machine again.

As there was no real suspension chassisflex was used. With the radio plate just connected at the pod to the chassis result in
more chassisflex and no binding. Saddlepack batteries were used.

The white pin is a mount for antenne. I used this at the chassis as it was provided with the kit but I don´t use any antenne at the vintage cars.

Thanks Jirka.

oca1
Approved Member

Post by oca1 »

oca1 wrote:
V12 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I'm actually building a Phaser now and not a Super Phaser as mentioned in my earlier post. I got the wheels with a car that I bought. I'm not so familiar with the UK Gemini Cars, thanks for the info.
I found a picture of the Gemini. It's made by SG in Italy.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Let´s see your Phaser.

The Gemini SLX was designed and initially sold by UK driver Phil Greeno. SG made the car later maybe as Greeno was a 1/8th teamdriver for them.
I have a new SG Schkee body as at the picture. Was very common here when we used the Lexan-Cars.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Phaser project completed. Wrong parts replaced, also correct RC12E wheels used now.
I know Delta 1/12 wheels look very nice but they are far from being period correct. The first Phaser was sold as a conversion kit for the RC12E and the Delta team also used those wheels. Delta released their own wheels around 4 years later.
https://classicrc.wordpress.com/1-12/delta/delta-phaser/
Attachments
phaser.jpg