Finished Yet Another - BRP Ultima Conversion

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

Finished Yet Another - BRP Ultima Conversion

Post by mrlexan »

I cannot remember the name of this conversion, so if any of you guys know, please let me know. I am on a roll on getting these projects of mine done. This forum has inspired me (even though it is a Kyosho Ultima and not an RC10.... don't worry those are coming next). I am this close to finishing another Ultima conversion. I will post those when complete.

This one has a stock Kyosho gearbox, stock Kyosho front suspension, Duratrax shocks front and rear, Houge BB Steering, graphite front and rear shock towers. Everything is new never used. I need to wheels/tires/body.... open for suggestions on those.

Thanks for looking.

Jay

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Super sweet ride mrlexan!

Are those beveled rear axle spacers scored on ebay for $1? I missed an auction a while back and can't let go. The HORROR!

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Awesome

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Great hop-ups those mate. Fantastic conversion. I don't know anything about Kyoshos or their hop-ups so I am afraid I can't help you.

Can't wait to see it finished :D

Cheers

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Bullet Racing Products!!!!!!!.... answered my own question. Kinda funny useless info. I was at work today (NO ONE was there due to the holiday) and the group I work with (I won't name names so I don't incremenate myself) had a huge stack of magazines thrown in the corner. I have been meaning to go through them for some time now, so with no one there I did. To my surprise, I stumbled across a March 89, March 90, and April 90 RCCA. I was geeked. Anyway, there was the ad for BRP, one for the Optima Mid, one for the Ultima, and one for the RC10. Lots of great stuff!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

If anyone has the telescoping axle kit from BRP, I would be interested in taking that off of you. I have half of it (trailing arm side) and would like to finish it off correctly..... besides the dog bones don't really work. If I ran it (even though I won't) they will come out in full rebound.