Club 10 diff

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Keirally1

Club 10 diff

Post by Keirally1 »

Hi after going through the mission of finding out what cat I had bought, with the big help from this site, so thanks up front, I've come to the the conclusion it's the club 10, giving it a bit of clean realised that the diff is locked, after opening up the transmission found out that the diff had been solidly glued up :? So just wondering if you peeps know where to get a new one or does the cougar 2 diff fit or any other model cat one fit in as a replacement, done my head in searching the sites been all over the web, the fun of vintage rc cars aye, also where to get a manual download I've got the original cougar mk1 download, is that the same? Let me know if you can help.
Thanks
Keir

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Re: Club 10 diff

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Keirally1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:05 am Hi after going through the mission of finding out what cat I had bought, with the big help from this site, so thanks up front, I've come to the the conclusion it's the club 10, giving it a bit of clean realised that the diff is locked, after opening up the transmission found out that the diff had been solidly glued up :? So just wondering if you peeps know where to get a new one or does the cougar 2 diff fit or any other model cat one fit in as a replacement, done my head in searching the sites been all over the web, the fun of vintage rc cars aye, also where to get a manual download I've got the original cougar mk1 download, is that the same? Let me know if you can help.
Thanks
Keir
Keir,

A search on these forums for "Club10 manual" will tell you exactly what you need to do to get the right manual for your buggy.... and, lots of other Schumacher manuals too!

8)

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

:roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Lowry

Post by Lowry »

Hi Keir,

I have disassembled several Bosscat Sport and I think they use the same diff system with the same problem:
While the idea of a geometric lock between the tri-lobed diff-washer and the tri-libed washer-carrier is really nice, Schumacher unfortunately used a cheap plastic injection part for the washer carrier.

Result is when tightening the diff via turning the screw the generated force cause the washer carriers to break.

I am thinking about having some of these washer carriers made in 3D (metal-sinter) but so far had no time.

Cheers

Ralf

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

Hey keir,

There are 2 differ transmissions in the club 10 series, series 1 was belt drive and the series 2 was a geared transmission. The club 10 belt drive trans has a different diff to the original cougar. They came with the cougar 2 sport diff.

An original cougar diff or re re topcat diff will fit as long as you get the bearing eccentrics as well. Probably the best option if you intend to run it would be to buy the pro transmission setup for the re re topcat , you’ll still need the eccentrics as well though.

Hope this helps

Adrian

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Hello firends, Reviving an old thread and asking for help here - thanks in advance :)

I am rebuilding my own Storm from last millenium. In the meantime I also bought another one for spares, which is proving to be almost new so it will go on the shelf once rebuilt too :mrgreen:

Mine's diff was stuck solid bitd, as the trilobe holder and the output half got mated together probably due to extreme heat (I wasn't too much of a diff building/adjusting guru 30 years ago :mrgreen: )

I have all spares to rebuild it, BUT ine U1244R to accomodate the trilobe diff washers.

Are there some substitutes available other than purchasing a full top-cat rere-diff and eccentrics too? These trilobe washers were used in soooo many Schumacher cars...

Thank you for your help,
Best,
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

Sorry Paul just saw this post may have a couple of options for what you need if you haven’t sorted it already. Flick me a pm and we can sort something out.

Adrian