Pcs of my latest paint jobs.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Pcs of my latest paint jobs.

Post by justinspeed79 »

Here are some pics of my my latest paint jobs. These aren't vintage, but this is the readers rides section, I read, and these are my rides. I guess you could say the GT is an extremely modified vintage truck. :P

Anyway I just want to show off a little and get some opinions/constructive criticism.

The GT was done a couple months ago so it has some war marks already. The HPI super nitro RS4 belongs to my buddy, but I painted it for him. I'm getting better, the GT is probably my best paint job yet.

The GT...

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I can honestly say the GT looks better in person. No matter what I do I just can't get the colors to come out rite in the pictures. The flames are not one color, they are a mix of three colors, in person you can see the highlights. The shadows don't show up very well either.

The RS4....

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

On this one I tried to shadow the vents. You can see it on the hood and the roof scoop a little. I just sprayed on too much black. When I sprayed the black and looked at it through the light it looked good, but when I put the white down the black just over-powered it and they ended up looking mostly just black. Oh well, I'll know to take it easier on the black next time.

Over-all I'm pretty happy with these paint jobs, but still wanting to do better next time!

So what do you guys think? Got any tips for me?

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Over-all I'm pretty happy with these paint jobs, but still wanting to do better next time!

So what do you guys think? Got any tips for me?
You should be happy Justinspeed, both look great! I do not enjoy painting lexan so I'll send a few bodies your way :)

JR
Approved Member

Post by JR »

They look great. Im not much of a painter, and if ya look at my fancy bodies they are all professionally done. I straight up suck at painting bodies. I wish I had some skill in that dept.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Thanks guys! :D

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

8) nice. ya can't beat flames.