Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

superfly
Approved Member

Now thats expensive...

Post by superfly »

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

You can ask for the sky but it doesn't mean you will get it. Generally they sell for about $1800-$2300

JR
Approved Member

Post by JR »

Hell I remember not too long ago people barely breaking $1k-$1200 for these, then people were buying them up left and right, and whoring out the parts and wham the kits jumped up quickly. Sho is right it will be hard for them to break $2k nevermind $3k+ Im sure they will be in that territory soon, but the High lift kit probally softened the demand for these a touch. Im shocked it took Tamiya this long for some kind of rerelease, but good for them to do it. Now I can get a high lift and not get nailed a ton of cake for a runner 3 speed, and my mounty will still ride the shelf...Well maybe the Mounty will see some indoor action. 8)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

don't get me wrong, I have seen NIB bruisers and hilux's sell in the 3K range. you just got to find 2 people who really want it.

Really I think the High lift has increased demand for the oldies. prices of new and used 3speeds have steadily increased.

JR
Approved Member

Post by JR »

Hmm Ive been out of the 3 speed ebay hunt for awhile, but when I was looking for a 2nd for a runner, most of the ones that were runner condition(beat hard) went for $450-550, and something to restore and shelf queen it were $600+. I casually browse the 3 speeds now and then, and dont see the prices climbing all that much. Oh well it will eventually go up. I too have witnessed a few $3K NIB kit sales and those people were too impatient to wait and save themselves alot of coin. Must be nice to have cash like that.

BTW Sho you have a high lift, correct? If so what do you think of it?

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

JR wrote:BTW Sho you have a high lift, correct? If so what do you think of it?
I have one thats built http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=51575&id=34 and one thats still NIB http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=56509&id=34 It's truly a runable Hilux and I would highly recomend one to anyone. I don't think I will ever run my vintage three speeds again.

The main complaint I hear about the Highlift is the plastic content. People compare it to the orignals which have more metal in them and pass the High Lift off as a cheap rip off. What they fail to mention while wearing their rose colored glasses is that all that cheap ass pot metal is weak as hell. The High lift with it's plastic axle cases and plastic gear 3speed gear box is heads above the originals. Drive the two back to back and the difference in drivability is glaring with the High Lift winning hands down.

Prices go up and down on the original 3 speeder. Honestly I was hoping the prices would drop so I could pick up a few more but I don't thinks it's happened yet if ever. Just take a look at the recent completed auctions http://search-completed.ebay.com/Bruiser_Radio-Control_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfcdZ1QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQfromZR10QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQftidZ2QQsacatZ2562QQsbrsrtZl I think the highlift has expanded a growing segment of the scale driving population which I think will want an original 3 speeder just to see what all the hype is about.

coxy-ben
Approved Member

Post by coxy-ben »

3500$ for a tamiya ???

crazy.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

A Blazing Blazer MINT NIB would go for that much..... I don't thing he'll get that for a Bruiser.