Oh man.....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SkidRowe
Approved Member

Post by SkidRowe »

What really sucks, is I bet Warpspeed was probably an outside observer, and then felt he was being slammed, which he was, so had to post a defensive reaction- my point being, you probably will not hear from him again, which is unfortunate.
I hope we hear from Warpspeed again! - He obviously has alot of RC knowledge that everybody here could benefit from. The goal of any HONEST eBay seller is to make money! He accomplishes this very well, and has excellent feedback while doing so.

Here at RC10talk we will pick on everybody at some point - :arrow: HEY mrlexan are you selling screws now????? http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Screws-Team-Associated-RC10-RC-10-Gold-RC10L-10L_W0QQitemZ270087476814QQihZ017QQcategoryZ34063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh crap, i forgot all about the "slamming of the screws" threads. :lol:

i think those were the best yet. :D

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

That's right...... I'll throw myself up on the grille for the next roast. I figured why not, I have tons of them NIP just sitting there, so many I don't think I will use them all. Screw it!

I rarely bring my feelings to work..... something 10 years at Roush taught me, the guys at work can be brutal.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mrlexan wrote:I rarely bring my feelings to work..... something 10 years at Roush taught me, the guys at work can be brutal.
i was gonna give ya some ribbing on the screws, but i figured being around fords all day was punishment enough. :wink: :P :P

SkidRowe
Approved Member

Post by SkidRowe »

Sorry Jay - I just had to mention it - almost spilled my beer laughing when I saw your auction! :D

Oh Yeah - I got the decals! Thanks

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

I have noticed Mr. WARPSPEEDBATTERIES on eBay for years. Always active and always with stuff I am interested in. When I saw he was the newest registered user here, I was pretty excited to read what he had to say.
I just think this is a sad situation.

EDIT: I don't want to make any waves.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Any given item is worth what someone is willing to pay. To put things into perspective, the winning bidder paid less than the tub cost new 15+ years ago.

Woobie
Approved Member

Post by Woobie »

Yeah, he obviously took those chassis he won, used his own tried and trued description, and flipped them back on the bay. Problem is, when you do that, you also risk the fact that everybody that wanted one, got one, and he may give them away for a penny.

Like I said before, I only wish I could figure a way to do this, and make it into a job.......

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Me too. I don't see a problem with it.
The desire to do so, in fact, allows us to do what most of us are doing with cars on this forum. If you couldn't make money buying/selling vintage RC parts, this forum wouldn't be a reality.
I don't agree with the elitist tone or the inferred moral impropriety of turning vintage RC into a business.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

uhhh, didnt we discuss NOT slamming ebay auctions just in case the ebayer is an enthusiast and sees the post.

30 bucks aint bad for a new chassis. but then again i didnt remember to bid on that big lot and get them for 15...

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Warpspeed, weren't you the one selling Hecell mini battery packs about a year ago? If you were I have a funny story about that.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

To tell you the truth, you can't really slam an ebay seller when the item he is selling is brand new. Most of us only want nib items and will pay anything for them. The 100 chassis blow out a couple months ago was a blessing for us here. For those that missed out, well they just missed out (Sorry hoopty). So c'mon guys, we've had this discussion before, the only crazy people are the ones that bid and pay the high prices. LOL, we are all guilty of it so there is no need to blame the sellers.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

chill out mate!!!!

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

apexspeed wrote:If you are providing for your family with profits from R/C car sales on eBay, then you shouldn't be playing with this hobby, period. These are luxury items, and if this is an income to you, then so be it. That's your choice... but there are better ways to make a living than selling used R/C cars on eBay.

Your auctions took place DAYS after the massive sell-offs of these chassis on eBay, and were greatly marked up as some sort of rarity. Everyone here saw it and knows what happened, and called you on it. Don't be offended—we've all bought low and sold high, but most of us don't try to turn the items around instantly as "super rare" if they really aren't. They are eBay buzzwords most people use and you got called out on it. So be it. Big deal. No one is attacking your manhood here. We're all just playing with toy cars.

I've watched your auction patterns for a long time, because we are interested in similar items for the most part. You've beaten me on many items, only to see them pop back up in following days in pieces or parted out. You obviously have recognized that the sum of the parts is greater than the whole, but it doesn't always seem like you want the items as a collector—just to part them out and flip them. Some of the hardcore collectors here can get rubbed the wrong way by that "make a million on eBay" appearance.

If you're really a collector and not just into it to try to score a quick buck on eBay flipping old R/C cars, then join us, show us some of your collection, and be a part of our community. I'm sure you have plenty of insight and knowledge that you can contribute to what we have here.

And quite honestly, if anyone here bought a bunch of something at a low price (that we all knew about and saw) and tried to flip them for a lot more on eBay, we'd all call him out on it, haze him for a day, and then kick ourselves for not thinking of doing the same thing.

And, welcome to the community. 8)
I started to write a massive rant about why warpspeedbatteries was wrong to over react, when I re-read the posts and noticed Doug had said it perfectly anyway.

I believe this is a public forum and we shouldn't censor what we discuss, the ad was in the public domain so if there was nothing to be ashamed about people should be able to discuss and air their opinions any way they choose right or wrong.

My two cents though is, even if something is a bargain, if you don't need it, let it slide...I practice what I preach too. I have passed on so many parts like, RCH transmission guards new in bag, for the SRB for $2.50 normal ebay price is easily about 10 times that and the list goes on and on, only the other day I bought an MRP lexan radio box brand new, severly under priced, I bought one as I needed only one, etc, etc, but maybe that's just me....

If you want to get into something as a business thats cool but I thought this was a hobby and a hobby forum not a way to make money.

So unfortunately I can't ever approve of people who buy cars (or parts) they don't need to part out and sell for more money, sure if you've had it for 20 years or you just found it at a yard sale, then whatever, its your car, but to stop other people getting a bargain (just cause you have most of what you need) so you can make a quick buck sucks.

If you've been around ebay for a while you'll know how small a community it is and how frustrating it is when you see a car you like and a car killer already has their name on it or you get outbid by them at the last moment it sucks :(

I like to give people extras when I sell them stuff and generally try and give good deals when I sell (cause I don't need it anymore), its real sad when you see the stuff sold on again the next week on ebay because the person you sold to never wanted it but wanted money.

If you want cash get another job, work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need.

Oh and finally I don't think its right to make money off someone just because they don't know the value of something. You wouldn't con old ladies out of their life savings would you? Well its the same prinicipal.

That being said if your a collector and have information to share then please return (I don't mind).

I disapprove of what you DO, but I will defend to the death your right to DO it.
Voltaire, (Adapted); originated in "The Friends of Voltaire", 1906, by S. G. Tallentyre (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I did not start this thread to slam anyone, I was just surprised how quickly they were put back up on ebay. I by no means look differently at someone for wanting to make a profit off of ebay selling, whatever it may be. I guess I was just surprised to see the chassis' go back up so quickly, I have wanted to sell some things I have gotten off of ebay as soon as I have received them. I just can't bring myself to do it for whatever reason. WarpSpeedBatteries- Please don't take my thread as an insult since my intentions were completely different.

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

Well. if I need money, I just have to do something about it. Specially if you need to buy something for your other hobby or should I say your No.1 hobby., which for me is Vinyl (records) and Hi-fi:D ...I need a new turn table and a record vacuum...so...I guess I have to let go. And do check some of my other stuff on ebay.:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170079588071&rd=1&rd=1