Oh man.....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Daddeo
Approved Member

Oh man.....

Post by Daddeo »

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

I guess warpspeedbatteries got his chassis too... :roll:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

"Very rare." :lol:

Some of this stuff makes me laugh. If by "Very Rare" he means "probably one of the most common chassis ever made, and produced in numbers so great that they are probably only second to the Tamiya Clodbuster chassis" then I guess his description is correct. :roll:

Do sellers really think that adding words like that will help sell their goods? Anyone who's into off-road RC must know what an RC10 is, and how common it is. An unstamped, original gold chassis in mint condition, that you could call rare.

Rant over. For now. 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, he did win 10 of them. i wonder how many are for resale. :lol:

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Even though his "rare" description is wrong there are many people out there that do not know any better and will bid just to bid. I bet most ebay users don't do a feedback history search.....

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Daddeo wrote:Even though his "rare" description is wrong there are many people out there that do not know any better and will bid just to bid. I bet most ebay users don't do a feedback history search.....
Unfortunately I would have been one of them if not for you guys :oops: I’m definitely learning. So how much to bid maximum on this or should I just leave it alone?
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

He bought 10 of them after the Associated close-out less than 2 weeks ago...

He's been notorious for buying low and selling high for a while now. Buys a large amount of vintage stuff on eBay.

WARPSPEEDBATTERIES

WARPSPEEDBATTERIES

Post by WARPSPEEDBATTERIES »

Well if providing by my family while still being able to afford a hobby that is increasingly expesive is wrong...perhaps people should contact me directly (rather then posting BS discussions), as anyone who has delt with me will say I will be happy to discuss RC anytime and have helped hundreds enter the hobby. I have been collecting, racing and restoring RC since 1986. I do have a decent collection, but I have seen better...I would not call the item extreamly rare, but attempt finding one new never used? I think people will agree it is becoming increasingly hard to do. Yes, used is very common, the Model T of RC...I do sell alot of stuff, but I think my feedback speaks for itself. I am an honest seller...not out to decieve others as your posts suggest...so comments like "oh man...", or "makes me laugh" says alot more about the men (if that is truely the term to use?) making the posts...get a life poeple.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

If you are providing for your family with profits from R/C car sales on eBay, then you shouldn't be playing with this hobby, period. These are luxury items, and if this is an income to you, then so be it. That's your choice... but there are better ways to make a living than selling used R/C cars on eBay.

Your auctions took place DAYS after the massive sell-offs of these chassis on eBay, and were greatly marked up as some sort of rarity. Everyone here saw it and knows what happened, and called you on it. Don't be offended—we've all bought low and sold high, but most of us don't try to turn the items around instantly as "super rare" if they really aren't. They are eBay buzzwords most people use and you got called out on it. So be it. Big deal. No one is attacking your manhood here. We're all just playing with toy cars.

I've watched your auction patterns for a long time, because we are interested in similar items for the most part. You've beaten me on many items, only to see them pop back up in following days in pieces or parted out. You obviously have recognized that the sum of the parts is greater than the whole, but it doesn't always seem like you want the items as a collector—just to part them out and flip them. Some of the hardcore collectors here can get rubbed the wrong way by that "make a million on eBay" appearance.

If you're really a collector and not just into it to try to score a quick buck on eBay flipping old R/C cars, then join us, show us some of your collection, and be a part of our community. I'm sure you have plenty of insight and knowledge that you can contribute to what we have here.

And quite honestly, if anyone here bought a bunch of something at a low price (that we all knew about and saw) and tried to flip them for a lot more on eBay, we'd all call him out on it, haze him for a day, and then kick ourselves for not thinking of doing the same thing.

And, welcome to the community. 8)

doug

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

dude, i sorry, but if you don't like this thread, just be glad you weren't the one selling a partially built, "nib" 6010 kit for $3,000 b.i.n. this ain't nothing compared to those threads.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

So True Scr8p and I just got to read that roast. Just look at it this way, there are A LOT of people in the world and I am sure that in some way shape or form, we are all a subject of someone's roast, RC or not.

Either way, welcome Michael.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I don't know Apex, how can what warpspeed is doing be considered wrong? If I wasn't buying and selling parts, there would be no way I could afford to have the cars I do.

Market forces are going to dictate whether these chassis sell or not. Bottom line is if somebody was watching the associated sell off and they didn't get one then that's their loss. Now if they want one, they will have to pay a premium from warpspeed or another seller

Woobie
Approved Member

Post by Woobie »

Warpspeed is a good guy, and has more knowledge on this hobby then alot of us combined, me certainly!!! Honestly, I would have done the same thing, and have done the same thing in the past. Unfortuantely, I seem to never have the spare change to invest and reinvest.

If I had my choice of jobs in this whole world, I would choose RCVoltars job. Nobody knows if he has another gig, but he sells a tremendous amount of cool stuff on ebay, and has the collection to boot, plus, he is a very cool individual.

Every auction I ever list, I usually always throw in hot words like rare, vintage, blah blah blah.......most times, vintage and rarity is all in the eyes of the beholder anyways.

What really sucks, is I bet Warpspeed was probably an outside observer, and then felt he was being slammed, which he was, so had to post a defensive reaction- my point being, you probably will not hear from him again, which is unfortunate.

Scott

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I never said it was wrong, in any way. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to have us believe that selling used R/C cars on eBay "provides for the family." Then again, what do I know? :?

I think most of us are buyers and sellers in this hobby, so we all use the value of certain things to allow us to buy other things we want. He bought a chassis for $15 and sold it for double that. Bully for him. The OP just pointed out that reselling it days after 100+ of them sold on the same eBay, and calling it "very rare" was a bit of a comical stretch.

I would tend to agree.

:roll:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I think it is group hug time!! :wink:

I agree with everybody (not that my opinion matters).