I got me some Slashes...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

y2kgtp
Approved Member

I got me some Slashes...

Post by y2kgtp »

I got yet another Slash so I can have 2 kids run at the track with me when I finally get out there. Still waiting on some used batteries I picked up from some other forums, but I will have 4 batteries per truck.

I also got RTR Losi DSM 2.4GHz radios in each. I took the Tx\Rx from my Speed-T and put it in the Red one, and used the spare Rx (Radio comes with 2 receivers :mrgreen: ) I got with my New Spektrum DX3S and put it in the Grey truck bound to my Mini-Crawler Transmitter.

Last thing I want to worry about is helping kids trying to find the right frequency clip, or turning the truck on when they should not :lol:

I picked up a couple used MRC 959's to take care of charging duties, as they are soooo easy to use as well.

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: I got me some Slashes...

Post by Halgar »

y2kgtp wrote:I picked up a couple used MRC 959's to take care of charging duties, as they are soooo easy to use as well.
You'd be better off with a cheesy Duratrax charger than a piece of :shock: MRC. MRCs are notorious for false peaks and other problems.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:
y2kgtp wrote:I picked up a couple used MRC 959's to take care of charging duties, as they are soooo easy to use as well.
You'd be better off with a cheesy Duratrax charger than a piece of :shock: MRC. MRCs are notorious for false peaks and other problems.
They just need a fan mod to cure that problem. I have had them in the past, and easy for the kids to use....I got 2 of them for 35$ shipped.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

The hobby shop sold me one with my first truck, worst $50 I've ever spent. Shortly after that I bought my Tekin and what a world of difference! Fully charged batteries, every time. I've still got the MRC that I use as a starter charger and top EVERYTHING off with the Tekin. When you've got 8 batteries to charge, two chargers is a good thing. :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:The hobby shop sold me one with my first truck, worst $50 I've ever spent. Shortly after that I bought my Tekin and what a world of difference! Fully charged batteries, every time. I've still got the MRC that I use as a starter charger and top EVERYTHING off with the Tekin. When you've got 8 batteries to charge, two chargers is a good thing. :mrgreen:
That's why I got 4 chargers total.... :lol:

But the false peak\overheating problem can be fixed with a little fan. My last 2 had this fan mod already done, and worked great.

http://www.jeff-z.com/rcstuff/superbrain/superbrain.html