Kimwald vs Masami 4x2 1995

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bastos

Kimwald vs Masami 4x2 1995

Post by Bastos »

Hi,

I've got a Video tape from RC Car Action/Reedy...1995.

I think it's a Reedy Race...for the track I don't know, perhaps some one know...

It's about a big fight between Kimwald and Masami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9OZ402EUg

You're welcome

markt311
Approved Member

Re: Kimwald vs Masami 4x2 1995

Post by markt311 »

looks like MNM raceway in Corona CA, I don't think that place is around anymore
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

That was awesome, thanks Bastos!

peuge73
Approved Member

Post by peuge73 »

Wonderfull and exiting race!
Too bad they had a contact just in the last lap.
Fast and furious: 1/10th scale, but 10 times more action!!!!!!
local club president, but also family team manager - mecanic - official sponsor, and some times cruising my RC cars......YES!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.bmvrc.com/

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

Did you see how calm and cool Masami looked when the race finished? I was nervous just watching !

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

That was an awesome video.

I can't believe how many times they had to ask for turn marshals for that race. Masami vs Kinwald, I think I'd be the first to volunteer to marshal that race.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

MelvinsArmy wrote:I can't believe how many times they had to ask for turn marshals for that race. Masami vs Kinwald, I think I'd be the first to volunteer to marshal that race.
and what would you have been watching........... masami and brian, or the corner your supposed to be marshalling? :wink: :)

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

I'm still boggled to this day that Masami could drive as he did with a stick radio.
Between that, and Art Carbonnel's ability to drive at such a high level with his handicap, I'm not sure which world champ impressed me more.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

scr8p wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:I can't believe how many times they had to ask for turn marshals for that race. Masami vs Kinwald, I think I'd be the first to volunteer to marshal that race.
and what would you have been watching........... masami and brian, or the corner your supposed to be marshalling? :wink: :)
'
I think I would be watching the exit and as soon as I got hold of one of those cars I would make a brake for it :lol:

Seriously I think it would be worth the money to send them your car and have them rebuild it and set it up. they sure make it look easy. I cant belive how much power they put down with no traction problems at all not 1 spin. my cars always want to do donuts.
nice video
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

scr8p wrote:
You mean there were other cars besides Masami's and Brian's on the track?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RER40, I still to this day prefer a stick radio to a pistol. It's what I learned on. I remember bitd I when I got my first pistol, it took forever to get used to. I ended up using my old 2 stick quite a bit even after I had the pistol. Even back then everyone at the track thought it was funny. It just felt better, like you have more precise control. I always wanted to get one of those high end two stick radios like Masami used. Unfortunately they are really expensive, and I've never seen them for sale in the US. If Futaba or Airtronics made a 2 stick radio with all the features of one of their high end pistols, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Somewhere on youtube is a video of Masami driving his car around a track with his toes using his two stick. And, probably getting a better lap time than nearly all of us could. Masami is the friggen man. Man. 8)

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

MASAMI HIROSAKA = SUPER FREAK! Man that guy is just 'THA BEST!'
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

MelvinsArmy wrote: RER40, I still to this day prefer a stick radio to a pistol. It's what I learned on. I remember bitd I when I got my first pistol, it took forever to get used to. I ended up using my old 2 stick quite a bit even after I had the pistol. Even back then everyone at the track thought it was funny. It just felt better, like you have more precise control. I always wanted to get one of those high end two stick radios like Masami used. Unfortunately they are really expensive, and I've never seen them for sale in the US. If Futaba or Airtronics made a 2 stick radio with all the features of one of their high end pistols, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
I got into RC right when the first pistolgrip radios came out,
Can you say Futaba BROWN BOX ??
so I remember seeing a lot of weird stuff being used including stick radios (most guys sucked with them though - lol).

From what I've been told Masami has been doing that "driving with his feet trick" since he was a kid, out of boredom after being sent out by his dad to "practice." I saw him do it at my first Worlds, they said he did it at all the big races in Japan where they always included some kind of "demo/invitational race" for the sponsors.

here he starts off behind his back, finishes using his feet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVEp7r53Ak

But thinking back upon it, what still impressed me the most was the wheel control skills Art Carbonnel had using his handicapped hand to drive. When he first came up to me at the track looking for me to drive for them, and I saw his hand and just thought he was a sponsor - but then in the first quali I realized he was a driver and damn he could drive. Later I found out he'd won the Worlds in 1/8th gas.... WOW... great guy to boot. 8)

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

That looks like the first MNM raceway, before the moved next to the 91 fwy. I used to haunt both places as much as possible. (yes, they are no longer around :cry: )

That was an awesome race.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com