damn you comcast

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC Chick
Approved Member

Re: damn you comcast

Post by RC Chick »

I know it wont bring back you bookmarks but I think you should notify the company of what happend and what he did. who knows maybe they will give you a month free or something. just a thought

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

badhoopty wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Badhoopty, When they installed the new service lines they should NOT have installed any software or changed any settings without your permission. They are only supposed to look at the signal quality of the line and that's it. The only time they would need to install software is if you hadn't been using comcast before.
i specifically told the guy not to mess with my safari settings... :evil:
CALL COMCAST. They are not supposed to do anything like that. They can be suspended or even terminated. I see guys let go all the time for a lot less than that. They cannot do anything that is not approved.

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

I've had comcast for a few years now and never had anything installed on my computer for the use of comcast internet services. With that being said, I would never let anyone touch my computer unless I gave them permission too. For that tech to do what he did is grounds for termination (I worked at Comcast several years ago...) and I would call them the next business day they are open and report what was done.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Daddeo wrote:I've had comcast for a few years now and never had anything installed on my computer for the use of comcast internet services. With that being said, I would never let anyone touch my computer unless I gave them permission too. For that tech to do what he did is grounds for termination (I worked at Comcast several years ago...) and I would call them the next business day they are open and report what was done.
The only time they need to touch the computer is to hook the cable line up to it and setup the modem. That's only because the new service is running on a new system that needs to be setup differently.

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

[email protected] wrote: The only time they need to touch the computer is to hook the cable line up to it and setup the modem. That's only because the new service is running on a new system that needs to be setup differently.

True but for the tech to have gone into hoopty's bookmarks and such is something I would consider prying.

SmallScaleSmitty
Approved Member

Post by SmallScaleSmitty »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:My town is pretty small so although I hear the name Comcast all the time it means nothing to me. However, if they could get me hi-speed net where I live; SIGN ME UP! :twisted:
Heh, careful what you wish for. :roll:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Daddeo wrote:
[email protected] wrote: The only time they need to touch the computer is to hook the cable line up to it and setup the modem. That's only because the new service is running on a new system that needs to be setup differently.

True but for the tech to have gone into hoopty's bookmarks and such is something I would consider prying.
Oh I agree. That was wayyyyyyyyy out of line. He needs to suspended at the very least, if not terminated

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i'm not about to get some kid fired for erasing my bookmarks. :wink:

it sucks, but i'm sure he didnt intentionally screw my stuff up. i saw the dialoge box when he was trying to get safari online, and it was a comcast-prompted screen with instructions to go into my browser settings and switch stuff around.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

badhoopty wrote:i'm not about to get some kid fired for erasing my bookmarks. :wink:

it sucks, but i'm sure he didnt intentionally screw my stuff up. i saw the dialoge box when he was trying to get safari online, and it was a comcast-prompted screen with instructions to go into my browser settings and switch stuff around.

He doesn't need to be fired neccesarily but he should be repremanded for what he did so it doesn't happen again to someone else.