MIP 4WD kit Sells for $979 !!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: MIP 4WD kit Sells for $979 !!!

Post by Bormac »

I always wanted to drive the MIP RC10 after seeing Darryn's fly around at our vintage meets. Although I have heard him complain about the drive shafts and even his concerns with other rare hard to find parts of this old kit. Lets face it, when you put these old gems on the race track you are going to encounter more than a few bumps from drivers less than capable of keeping their old girl in a straight line. I like the fact there is going to be a re-release.....and a parts suply to keep em on the race track. :mrgreen: :wink:
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Having a supply of relatively cheap parts on hand will sure make for a less "sphincter pinching" experience when running my Legend to be sure. The front wheel axles and the front uprights are the weakest link that I have found so far - mind you those parts broke running a 12 quinn on a 7.4v li-po - way faster than they ever went back in the day.

I have mine "bandaged" at the moment - one of the front uprights has my favourite "tight wad" repairs on it - when the upright broke - I superglued it back together - then wrapped the cracked area in sewing cotton and super glued it generously again - it has survived two meetings with a stock motor so far.

As for originals being originals - I could not agree more. Could care less if the value of my original parts and cars down at all - did not buy them for that - bought them to enjoy.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I'd be willing to bet that if the MIP thing goes through and it's affordable, it will be the car of choice to run at the Vintage Nationals in 4WD.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

mrlexan wrote:I'd be willing to bet that if the MIP thing goes through and it's affordable, it will be the car of choice to run at the Vintage Nationals in 4WD.
i would run one...

delsami
Approved Member

Post by delsami »

i had a mip 4wd rc10. it was pre-stealth and had a chain but i converted it to a belt. i feel it was better than my yz10. this was 13 years ago before i knew of ebay and i was a broke college student so the story of these two cars does not end well.

BUT.....

these re-releases DO hurt the value...check out the prices of sand scorchers, rough riders and clods...i guess you can't go wrong with any NIB tho!
xxx,lunchbox,blackfoot,t4,2 rc10ce's,rc10 graphite,rc10 worlds car,2 rc10 t's,xx4---GONE:mip4wdrc10,rpm worlds,houge rc10,super clod,sand scorcher,f103,frog,xxxt,b2,b3,tc3,jrx2,fox,yr4-m2 usa,yz-10 many more LOL

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

delsami wrote:these re-releases DO hurt the value...check out the prices of sand scorchers, rough riders and clods
I don't disagree, as that trend is a fact. But, as said many times before, it shouldn't be about value, it is only about enjoying what you are doing or spending your extra hard earned dollars on. I believe, you should not expect a return on anything cause you WILL be disappointed.
www.gojammedia.com

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

mrlexan wrote:I'd be willing to bet that if the MIP thing goes through and it's affordable, it will be the car of choice to run at the Vintage Nationals in 4WD.
Beleive me - if you can get it set up corectly, it is a very capable car. The trick is not to set it up like an RC10!!

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

RETRO R/C wrote:
Beleive me - if you can get it set up corectly, it is a very capable car. The trick is not to set it up like an RC10!!

Cheers

Darryn
Since you appear to be the one to most recently run/race one, seems like you have a new action Mr....... a how to thread.
www.gojammedia.com

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

mrlexan wrote:
RETRO R/C wrote:

Cheers

Darryn
Since you appear to be the one to most recently run/race one, seems like you have a new action Mr....... a how to thread.
x2 :D

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yeah but the thing with Darryn is ..... he's a freak on the race track! Seriously he could run any car and still amaze people. Daz makes it look easy so put any car under his control and you'll see what I mean. MIP or not. The majority of us here have a hard time keeping up on the same lap much less beating him. :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980