A little Help Dating This RC10 Please!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: A little Help Dating This RC10 Please!!

Post by slotcarrod »

You guy's crack me up!

Brian, try not to boost Reg's ego! You have seen the size of his very white head in the picture, he could not afford to get it any larger! :mrgreen:

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

Looks like the guy i bought the RC10 from stiffed me, it never showed up, now paypal is giving him 10 days to respond and if he does not then they give me my money back. He initially wanted to go through paypal and do it as a gift so he did not pay any fees but then i would not have buyer protection. Good thing I stood my ground otherwise I would be SOL right now:(

If any of you know RiPitUP(screen name) or are looking at buying something from him don't!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That's too bad! There are too many dishonest people in the world today! We need to bring back public floggings and hangings. It would make people think twice before committing a crime!

Or ship them all to the middle of Australia with no food or water! Oh wait....Australia is already full of criminal blood! :roll: :lol:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

engr673 wrote: If any of you know RiPitUP(screen name) or are looking at buying something from him don't!
What forums does he post on? It might also be good to know his real name just in case he switches user ID's. There is so much of this stuff going on these days that I'm about done trying to deal with anyone except legit businesses and trusted folks I've dealt with in the past. How do people get up every day knowing they are thieves, liars and cheats? And actually believe they are somehow superior to honest folks. Case in point: TIZEYE - There's a great specimen. :lol:
Gary

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

I agree, it’s very disappointing! He signed up on here on September 24th using the same screen name. I found that out when I looked for him under users on this site. His email that he has on paypal is [email protected]. He has the same screen name on rctech.net which is where I found the RC10 and I guess he is on rcuniverse as well. The weird thing is that his trader rating on Rctech was great and his rating on ebay was great as well, who knows........

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Well possibly there is a rational explanation for what has happened. Did you get any kind of shipping info from him like a tracking number? Has he been in contact with you since the car went missing?
Gary

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

If he has good feedback, then the car will probably show up in a few days!

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

He said he would ship it out on the 28th of September and provide me tracking. He never did i contacted him through rctech twice, ebay twice, and his email twice with no reply. I told him if he did not reply or provide me tracking by this past Wednesday then I would file a claim with paypal and give him bad feedback on rctech. To this day he has never responded. Paypal is trying to get a hold of him to see what's going on and if he does not respond in 10 days then paypal gives me my money back. Its a 5 day ship from New York to Arizona and it has now been 11 days.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

[youtube]ErvgV4P6Fzc[/youtube]

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

Paypal just contacted me through email, looks like they put a little heat on the guy cause we now have tracking, however he just took it to the post office for shipment this morning(11 days after he said he would ship it). i will be interested to see what he actually put in the box as there were some specific items he was to include, will see....

drillNink
Approved Member

Post by drillNink »

let us kno what happins...glad to see u made contact, and hopefully u get what your expecting... :D :D

looks great...
with age comes a cage

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

Well after 20 days of when the RC10 I purchased was supposed to ship it finally arrived today, man it should not be that difficult!! like what i got, looking forward to tearing it all down and cleaning every square inch of it, get a body for , novak speed control(picked up a vintage novak reciver from this era and it still works!!) and put it on the shelf!!