Trip to work

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: Trip to work

Post by vintage AE »

tsan wrote: if you don't have to hold down the shutter button, you can use the 2 second self timer. That way you don't move the camera when the shutter is open during long exposures.
I use the timer a lot, but if I want to make an exposure of anything longer that what the camera will do I risk shaking the camera releasing the shutter button. For example, if I wanted to take a 2 hour long exposure of the night sky, I have to hold the shutter button down until I want to end the exposure.

Close up shots would be good with the live view, especially with that 10x zoom screen.

It's still a lot easier to make an correct exposure than my vintage cameras I use. Once you have to use the exposure meter, range finder and manually set the aperture, shutter speed, and distance to object then it become time consuming.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Nice shots! We live in a great country! :mrgreen: Love your truck too!

Hope your new room is ok!

As for bears, my son Cody was chased by a Grizzly when he was learning to ride a dirt bike. The bear chased him, he could not start the bike so he ditched the bike and ran down the hill to me at the camp site! I went up on my loud XR650R and chased him off! I think the only reason he did not catch my son, was because he stopped to inspect my sons ditched dirt bike!

Saw a beautiful honey coloured black bear the other day. Funny, it was only a klik or so from the shooting range! :shock:

tim.sanderson
Approved Member

Post by tim.sanderson »

You guys live in the sticks... here in the GTA, the most we see are raccoons and the occasional deer!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

slotcarrod wrote:Nice shots! We live in a great country! :mrgreen: Love your truck too!

Hope your new room is ok!

As for bears, my son Cody was chase by a Grizzly when he was learning to ride a dirt bike. The bear chased him, he could not start the bike so he ditched the bike and ran down the hill to me at the camp site! I went up on my loud XR650R and chased him off! I think the only reason he did not catch my son, was because he stopped to inspect my sons ditched dirt bike!

Saw a beautiful honey coloured black bear the other day. Funny, it was only a klik or so from the shooting range! :shock:
The shack I got at this rig sucks ass, it's dated, and has a couple mice. All of the people who had to live in the one has complained, so I think I convinced them to switch it out before the next well.

Crazy bare story. I guess the bars don't care about how close they get to humans, even with guns, which is kinda scary.

Maybe the next time I'm in town we could take the 4runner and the taco out to McLean creek to do some mild off roading with the kids. I'm still not going to let your daughter drive my truck though, lol especially in an off road park.

I've seen lots of cougars in the GTA :P

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

tsan wrote:You guys live in the sticks... here in the GTA, the most we see are raccoons and the occasional deer!
A good place to observe cougars in Mississauga in a place called On the Curve. Lots of wildlife there, there was the last time I was there anyway. That was a long while though, during Toronto's last big blackout in 2002 I think, around then. I was in Mississauga walking to a mall when I came across an elderly lady with a flat tire. I changed it for her and she was so happy she wanted to give me something in return. I meet her at her place just down the road where she gave me a loaf of sweet bread from a 6th generation italian recipe. It was such a strange experience I asked her if I could take her photo as a memento. It's scanned to my home computer, so I will post it up when I get back.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Since I've been at work it's rained a bit and the already soft, muddy, uphill lease road for the rig has gotten worse. The rig manager (Toolpush) complained that the crews pickup they use to get back and forth to the camp was getting torn up. He had a right to complain, their new crew buggy is a 50K Dodge something or other :roll:

Anyway, they sent this bad boy up. Too bad it's just for compacting the mud on the road. There are benches on both sides of the bed and it has a sunroof. It would suck to be a passenger in the rain though. The cat that pulls the big trucks and tankers up the hill actually doesn't do that good of a job in compacting down the road. The ruts left behind from the weight of heavy loads can cause ruts up to almost 3 feet deep, which the cat can level out, but it's just not cutting it.
IMG00358-20110701-1557.jpg

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

That would make a cool scale build. 8)
vintage AE wrote:
IMG00358-20110701-1557.jpg
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken