Production numbers

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Re: Production numbers

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Quote by Tim Tunnermann on R/C Tech
The RC10 Classic is indeed a very limited production car. There is only one production run of these cars and after that, no more kits will be made. However, parts will still be available in spare parts.

To give you a perspective on how 'limited' the RC10 classic is, it will be MUCH rarer than any RC10 kit previous to this. I estimated a while back that the total production of the RC10 Classic will be approximately less than 1% of the original RC10 production!

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

SnoopMaxx wrote:Quote by Tim Tunnermann on R/C Tech
The RC10 Classic is indeed a very limited production car. There is only one production run of these cars and after that, no more kits will be made. However, parts will still be available in spare parts.

To give you a perspective on how 'limited' the RC10 classic is, it will be MUCH rarer than any RC10 kit previous to this. I estimated a while back that the total production of the RC10 Classic will be approximately less than 1% of the original RC10 production!
I still cannot believe they would make something like this in a limited run when there is still demand in the marketplace for it. That said, I for one am glad my order was filled by Tower and look forward to building a classic kit without having to pay an insane price to do so. I hope they see profit in this and release more! I'd also love to see Losi re-re a JRx2 and/or JRxT as I was always an Associated guy and have never built a Losi kit. I would if they did a re-re of one of those...

-Joe

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I have built several Losi kits and one from box Associated kit, the Associated one felt like a hardware store compared to the graphite chassis Losi kit... screws and brackets and tubes all over the place! Not to mention a transmission that pretty much fell together and worked. I love the LRM.

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

SnoopMaxx wrote:Quote by Tim Tunnermann on R/C Tech

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

:(
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Who is tunnermann? It's he associated with associated? No pun intended.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

justinspeed79 wrote:Who is Tunnermann? It's he associated with associated? No pun intended.
Indeed he is
https://www.facebook.com/tim.tunnermann.7

Morten Max

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

Edit: Nevermind

-Joe

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

As far as the production numbers go take a look at the small piece of paper floating around in your kit. It is a checklist to keep track of the bags during the packaging process for quality purposes. There is a number on there that is hand written. It appears to be the sequence number in order of packing.

I ordered 1 on the 1st day they were available from Tower and another Early last week that arrived on Friday. I have 22XX and 23XX for production numbers. (Can’t recall the last two digits at the moment on each.

What do you guys have? It appears that a run of 2500 sounds likely given those two numbers.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

I think the reason people are in disbelief of the limited number is because of the cost. For them to even do a re-re means they must have known the demand was there. Just seems like the price or the production numbers should have been higher.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

the limited run of these kits is pretty interesting, and here's why,

if you were to look overall at the number of units potentially made, at the unit cost of $250, it's not really that much money. Subtract out the real 'cost' per item in the kit, and I doubt associated is even making much money on the kits. That tells me they really are doing this as a tribute to the car and it's fans, and it really speaks to the character of the company more than anything, to me. They will probably make a decent profit on spare parts, and I think they are OK with that. I bet there is more than one accountant there that can't sleep at night over this project :lol: :mrgreen:

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

TheSpeedway wrote:As far as the production numbers go take a look at the small piece of paper floating around in your kit. It is a checklist to keep track of the bags during the packaging process for quality purposes. There is a number on there that is hand written. It appears to be the sequence number in order of packing.

I ordered 1 on the 1st day they were available from Tower and another Early last week that arrived on Friday. I have 22XX and 23XX for production numbers. (Can’t recall the last two digits at the moment on each.

What do you guys have? It appears that a run of 2500 sounds likely given those two numbers.
Interesting. This could be accurate if they sterted at zero but sometimes these types of numbers are started at wierd places. I would think then that overseas will have lower numbers than the US if distribution dates are any indication. I will check when I get home this weekend. I am only going to open one of the three right now but I would think they would all be close as they were ordered at the same time.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

CCC

Post by CCC »

TheSpeedway wrote:As far as the production numbers go take a look at the small piece of paper floating around in your kit. It is a checklist to keep track of the bags during the packaging process for quality purposes. There is a number on there that is hand written. It appears to be the sequence number in order of packing.

Mines #2216

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

jwscab wrote:the limited run of these kits is pretty interesting, and here's why,

if you were to look overall at the number of units potentially made, at the unit cost of $250, it's not really that much money. Subtract out the real 'cost' per item in the kit, and I doubt associated is even making much money on the kits. That tells me they really are doing this as a tribute to the car and it's fans, and it really speaks to the character of the company more than anything, to me. They will probably make a decent profit on spare parts, and I think they are OK with that. I bet there is more than one accountant there that can't sleep at night over this project :lol: :mrgreen:
I think a big part of the project was the new production run of replacement parts, and not just to make the entire kit. The kits may be done (for now...), but the parts will be available for a long time.

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

CCC wrote:

Mines #2216

I will check my numbers out and get back to everyone. IF mine is also #2216.. then we will know I was wrong on what that number was. :D