.your.FAVORITE.radio

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Re: .your.FAVORITE.radio

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Yikes! I was never into the wheel radios. Stick all the way for me. I'll make a note of my trusty Acoms tonight :roll: :lol:

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Wow, I have the exact models Gamma!

I LOVE my fut. 3PJS. I just went and dug through some stuff and found my 3PDF in a box, might use it in a potential rock crawler Im building.

I had a friend who had one of the old Fut. wheel radios that had never been used. he also had a NIB JRX2.

Id love to find a vintage fut wheel and race with it!

Momo

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Yikes! I was never into the wheel radios. Stick all the way for me. I'll make a note of my trusty Acoms tonight :roll: :lol:
I always loved the stick radios but after flying rc planes, it's hard to go back to a crappy Futaba surface stick.

Anyone use the Futaba 4GWD? I have been tempted to go that route. With the new 2.4 gig sticks available, I think we'll see more of them at the tracks. I would love to race with one. It feels more natural to me than the wheel but I guess that has a lot to do with me using sticks all my life and flying planes.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Tadracket wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Yikes! I was never into the wheel radios. Stick all the way for me. I'll make a note of my trusty Acoms tonight :roll: :lol:
I always loved the stick radios but after flying rc planes, it's hard to go back to a crappy Futaba surface stick.
you would probably like the 3vc-s, basically the stick version of the 3-pk. Not available in the US until just recently.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

aconsola wrote:
Tadracket wrote:
you would probably like the 3vc-s, basically the stick version of the 3-pk. Not available in the US until just recently.
Yeah, I love that radio. I was eye-balling it a week or so ago. Seems to me though that is was quite expensive. I can't get to it on Tower right now. Something wrong with their servers or my firewall. But I want to say it was well over $300.

I can see it now, over $500...Ouch....

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I didn't realize that the vcs was so much $$. that is $130 more than the 3pk with fasst, and $30 more than the new 4-pk.
It is a bit of a niche product in the US, but it is never going to take off into mainstream at that price.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

For less than $200, you can take the radio below, glue up the Rudder and Elevator gimbles, reroute those functions to toggle switches for lights, winch, whatever, and have a great 2.4Ghz radio.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Erich Reichert wrote:KO Propo Mars Ex1. I'm SOOOOO happy their new one is back in that shell. It's possible the best balanced radio ever.
My favorite was my original Kraft 3PK 3-channel AM radio that the KO was based on. Still one of the greatest wheel/trigger radios ever made.

I have a current Futaba 3PK and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything, I don't think.

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

i think i have a new radio in my TOP 2, the airtronics cs2p. not sure on all the features yet, but tbfoto is hooking it up with the manual how sweet is that. :sigh: i love reading owners manuals. :lol:

8)
peace,
.:gamma:.

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

It has got be my new Futaba 3GR 2.4Ghz (not the pictured 40meg set).. lovely radio, although it doesn't seem to get on with Traxxas digital servos. :(

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

My all time favourite has to be the Futaba 2LGX, the ultimate racers stick radio in the 80s and weighed nothing. Now it has to be the KO Esprit 2. Not as responsive as the Esprit Vantage so perfect for someone without the reflexes of a teenager. It also works with other normal receivers, unlike the newer versions that need KOs fast response receivers.

One of my club mates got the new KO Esprit Universe and found it so much more responsive he had to turn all the settings down just to get his car around the track without hitting anything :lol:

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

i just got this one this morning.. i like the steering wheel its from a airtronics 3PS (digital radio before the m8). does anyone know where i can buy this steering wheel or other misc radio parts such as a 3ps battery cover. there was a place i saw before called global something. anyone?

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Airtronics themselves are in Anahiem. E-mail them, or give them a call.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

ooo sweeet! yes that would do it. thanks man! i could swing that drive i go to the OC sometimes.

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Post by Minicooper 35 »

I still love my old and trusted KO EX-1 Mars. Bought from new when it came out in Germany end of the 1990's.
IMG_6770_lowres.jpg
IMG_6770_lowres.jpg (48.84 KiB) Viewed 832 times
IMG_6770_lowres.jpg
IMG_6770_lowres.jpg (48.84 KiB) Viewed 832 times
And I think this one will be my next one when it will be released in the near future. My old radio is still ok but it has a creeping current which is a pain in the backwards when I forget to pull the batteries out after use ... :|
KO-Propo-EX-1-UR_01.jpg
KO-Propo-EX-1-UR_01.jpg (70.22 KiB) Viewed 832 times
KO-Propo-EX-1-UR_01.jpg
KO-Propo-EX-1-UR_01.jpg (70.22 KiB) Viewed 832 times
"The things you own, they end up owning you."