TURBO ULTIMA - My 1st non RC10 custom restore.

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

m_vice
Approved Member

Re: TURBO ULTIMA - My 1st non RC10 restore.

Post by m_vice »

Parts are done for the moment. Antenna mount will be place during installation of the body and I am working on making an additional plate to work as a battery holder (not sure yet on this).

Sadly I am going to have to wait for some more parts before I can get this built going. Hope to get it going next week.
TUltima011.jpg
TUltima012.jpg
I am in need of a Black front HPI Star rim with adapters, got a NIP rear. If anyone has a new or a nice use one and like to trade LMK pm me.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Cutting Custom Towers for my Kyosho T Ultima - RC
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13247&start=0

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Ok, so I am waiting for my replacement RCscrewz to get to my mailbox and I am getting anxious because it’s over 2 weeks and nothing.
Today I went to the shop to show some cars to a friend and I found this. Nice score :D .
Attachments
Trinity-Ultima-Screws.jpg

ace028
Approved Member

Post by ace028 »

GOOD score on the trinity screws, let me know how they work out. I saw them about a year ago on ebay and should have bought them, but I wasn't interested in restoring my ultima at that time, now I am kicking my self in the butt. I was hoping to find those trinity ones. Are they hex screws? I thought they might be flat head, I couldn't tell from the pics?

I also sent my rcscrews back and am waiting for replacements. I typed up a list of all the sizes that should be in the kit that I got out of the instruction manuel and included it with the returned parts, hope they get the hint to get the right screws.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

That’s a good move on sending the actual screws the kit needs. I did not do that but should have. I started my build and notice the bottom screws and the tranny screws where missing and did not move forwards and only told the guy that those were missing. He mentioned that is might be a mispack and was sending me another package. This was 10-31-2009 and I haven’t received anything yet. My last email was on the 16 of Dec and this was his response “We shipped them - delivery might be slowed up a little due to the holiday season” it is never this slow so I am not sure what’s going on happen.
I hope you get your corrected.
But I was happy to find these (Trinity screws look very cool.) and yes they are flat head, and they don’t come with the countersunk ones for the top deck. So I am not sure if I will use them for this car, I have a second Ultima project in mind that I might use them on and wait for the RCscrewz for this one.

I am getting anxious because I want to put this car together this week before I have to start building my kids toys from Santa.
:D

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

The original topdeck shouldn't have countersinks in it: if yours has them, then some-one made them afterwards. So it's normal the trinity has flathead screws for the topdeck.
(A JG topdeck is countersunk, but that's just for looks: no functional advantage what-so-ever).

On the chassis side: it really depends on wheteher the kit is for the original ultima chassis or the turbo, pro, pro 2, Pro-XL...

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Ok, so I sorted out the screwz I needed to build the Ultima. I got the tranny build nice and smooth but I am waiting to get some new tools to finish building the roller.
TUltimaBuild001.jpg
I also scored this RR steering kit but I’m not sure if I’ll use it on this car, I might. :D
Kyosho-Ultima-RR-18deg-king-pin 02.jpg

ace028
Approved Member

Post by ace028 »

Whoa, more pics of the front kick up lol! Didn't know they made that.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Yep, that Robinson Racing kit looks kind of cool. I saw it for RC10 but never for the Ultima until I found it under a bunch of other crap in a box at the LHS. This kit is supposed to solve all front steering problems the Ultima had.

LOL. I am not sure what you meant with “more pics of the front kick up”. Are you talking about my signature pic?... :lol:

I did go to the shop but did not find the front Bulkhead I told you about. I might go Thursday and let you know. Did you get the turnbuckles for your Ultima?

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I have that Robinson Racing steering kit too. I actually installed it on my Turbo Ultima before I went with original parts to get it back to box art. It's sitting in my parts stash now and I may use it on my current Ultima project.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

RichieRich wrote:I have that Robinson Racing steering kit too. I actually installed it on my Turbo Ultima before I went with original parts to get it back to box art. It's sitting in my parts stash now and I may use it on my current Ultima project.
:D Did you run it? if so, how did it handle? did you like it?

ace028
Approved Member

Post by ace028 »

m_vice wrote:Yep, that Robinson Racing kit looks kind of cool. I saw it for RC10 but never for the Ultima until I found it under a bunch of other crap in a box at the LHS. This kit is supposed to solve all front steering problems the Ultima had.

LOL. I am not sure what you meant with “more pics of the front kick up”. Are you talking about my signature pic?... :lol:

I did go to the shop but did not find the front Bulkhead I told you about. I might go Thursday and let you know. Did you get the turnbuckles for your Ultima?
I meant more pics of the robinson kit lol. No i havent got turnbuckles yet, i dont know what length to go with.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

m_vice wrote: :D Did you run it? if so, how did it handle? did you like it?
No, I never did. The reason is because mine didn't come with instructions. I never knew if I put it together correctly. :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i never used the robinson setup on an offroad car. they did come on the trinity reflex10 oval cars right from the factory. but, i never tried my reflex with anything other than those. so, i can't give any comparisons.

bdrmbully
Approved Member

Post by bdrmbully »

i tried to install one once and it didnt seem to work all that well.i think they were more narrow tie rods and seemed frail. i'd go with nice lunsford or rpm ball cups with lunsford or tecnacraft tie rods any day.
2nd place is just the 1st loser