Daryl's question & answer thread on Team A&L Cars and Trucks

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Re: Daryl's question & answer thread on Team A&L Cars and Tr

Post by Daryl Lane »

Kink to answer your question about the heat sink, not sure witch of the companies making them this one is from. It is one of the lower fin count ones and I drilled the holes and sanded the sides and edges clean.
Old is more FUN

Team A&L know it all - really :)

LINK TO TALK A&L Off topic/Chit Chat http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31149

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Daryl Lane wrote:
abailey21 wrote:So Daryl, with Associated doing the RC10 rere, does that mean we can see some lethal weapon transmissions in the near future?
If Associated puts the stealth in the rere then I can convert that diff to the LW's. I have to wait and see what they do?
Hi love your products and sorry to say i only know a little about them what's the lw'ss
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

muziyi

Post by muziyi »

Thanks for the reply ... :D

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

chophead69 wrote:
Daryl Lane wrote:
abailey21 wrote:So Daryl, with Associated doing the RC10 rere, does that mean we can see some lethal weapon transmissions in the near future?
If Associated puts the stealth in the rere then I can convert that diff to the LW's. I have to wait and see what they do?
Hi love your products and sorry to say i only know a little about them what's the lw'ss
Stands for Lethal Weapon, the name of A&L's transmissions.

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

Thanks for getting Scott's question for me Brandon life has keep me busy.
put sod in front yard and painted front of house last weekend "3-day" took Friday off as kids came down from Bay area and put Mom and Dad to work.....LOL Been resting since they went home!
Old is more FUN

LINK TO TALK A&L Off topic/Chit Chat http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31149

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hi Daryl.
Do you by chance have any lexan gear covers to sell for the Ultima Lethal Weapon transmission?
Cheers- Jason
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

prp
Approved Member

Post by prp »

Chris "Hirobo" scratch built car, is it this one ?
reedy14061110.jpg
reedy14061110.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
reedy14061110.jpg
reedy14061110.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 1546 times

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

JM Yes I have gear covers for the LW trannies

prp Yes that is Chris' Hirobo
Old is more FUN

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hi Daryl. With your Lethal Weapon transmissions they seem to come in different colours. Are the colours relevant to the car they are designed to fit or is there a choice when ordering?
Also your slipper clutches, do you have a kit to fit the Optima Mid by chance?
Thank you- Jason
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Nothing for the Mid! Jake made one though. He made a new top shaft for use with the B4 slipper set-up.

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

aip47-2008 wrote:Nothing for the Mid! Jake made one though. He made a new top shaft for use with the B4 slipper set-up.
Correct We never did a mid PC. But our LW one is for 5mm shafts so it may be easier to fit to a mid then the B4

We maybe our Monster Truck wheels at about the same time, so the molder had the colors already. The cases are the same only difference is the color, we did how ever put yellow in RC10 LW, Blue in Tamiya and Traxxas LW and the pink in Kyosho and Losi LW's.

Chris built the Hirobo for the 85 Worlds (not IFMAR) at Del Mar I believe and then ran it for a few years after that. I believe the trophy in the picture you posted is Chris Reedy Race of Champions invitational 1st place. That was when we started A&L and Chris won the first one. We took our new mini lathe to the race with us to make parts if needed.
Old is more FUN

Twister

Post by Twister »

Hi Daryl and thank you for setting up this thread :D
I am currently building a vonat-racer based on a kyosho ultima 2 chassie, the one with a plastic saddlepack layout. Motor is a 17.5t brushless along with lipo 2s and your lw2 transmission is my next step :D My question is will it stand the given set-up when racing on fairly rough tracks mainly made of astro and high bite carpets?
And is is it a direct fit or is there some modification to the chassis to be done? I suspect that you recomend the power clutch. Looking forward to use leathal weapons :mrgreen: best regards Tony

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

Sorry for the late reply Tony been awhile since I looked in here.
We only ever fit the Lethal Weapons to Graphite chassis-ed Ultimas. Not sure how to mount them to your chassis - need to see picture to help remember what it looks like. And yes the Power Clutch is a great diff saver on ruff tracks - they do a lot more then help with take off - landing after a jump when the wheels have increased RPM over forward motion of the car.
Twister wrote:Hi Daryl and thank you for setting up this thread :D
I am currently building a vonat-racer based on a kyosho ultima 2 chassie, the one with a plastic saddlepack layout. Motor is a 17.5t brushless along with lipo 2s and your lw2 transmission is my next step :D My question is will it stand the given set-up when racing on fairly rough tracks mainly made of astro and high bite carpets?
And is is it a direct fit or is there some modification to the chassis to be done? I suspect that you recomend the power clutch. Looking forward to use leathal weapons :mrgreen: best regards Tony
Old is more FUN

Twister

Post by Twister »

Thank you Daryl for a quick response and for still providing us with great products like Lw 2 and bellcranks. :D
The gearbox is the same on all ultimas so there should not be an issue, otherwise i discard the kelron chassis and get and graphite. I really want that Leathal weapon in my car :twisted: thanks again for your help. Best regards Tony.