hoopty................

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

beardxxxd
Approved Member

Post by beardxxxd »

well beard off to bed.

ill do the typical reach over and grab the wifes bweeb while shes sleeping and get totally shut down..

but honestly if pittsburgh seems like a central location for a meeting.. ill do everything i can to make it truley a new / fun experience for everyone...

PS... although im adopted.. my mom is 100% italian.. so all the stuffed shells and side dishes of black olives you can eat is def around :)

mmm "when" i get turned down tonight. i will be thinking of your car hoopty
well honestly i cant complain.. it was a about a week ago.... i honestly in all my days got the wickedest.. (lol, little too graphic there dude...) =bh=

ok ok ya its def time for me to go to bed.. lol got church in the morn and after tonight.. I NEED IT!!
RC10 Team

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

:lol:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

badhoopty wrote: everything plastic rpm besides the rear shock ballends, upper shock bushings, and shock pistons. got a hydra with the titanium diff from that ebay stealth. and 10t enhancement kit. :wink: (the wheels were white before i put them in the oven. i put them in non-diluted bleach all afternoon and it didnt help...)

=edit= one car is enough. :wink:
RPM does still make upper shock bushings in white, and don't forget to find some of those RPM two-stage shock pistons! :lol:

That buggy looks quite awesome. Well, except for the wheels... :shock:

Nice.

-geoff

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

yeah, i wish i had used some of the rpm pistons when i rebuilt the shocks... i have some buried in my gt stuff, just kinda spaced it. i think i'll leave the buggy as it is for now and maybe someday when i'm bored try to take apart those garbage hg shocks one last time without completely stripping the threads on the shock caps.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

And you didn't go for it... :?: :? The front isn't worth even that much to me. I'm doing the RPM Worlds front end old-school, by cutting up a truck tower. Masami Stylee! :wink:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i didnt want to be selfish and figured i'd let other people who were needing it have at it. i was practicing good ebay karma i guess.

i just needed the one for my build, i paid alot as we all know but i got one minty fresh in the bag that matches the minty fresh front tower i had.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

badhoopty wrote: i was practicing good ebay karma i guess.
Good ebaY ju-ju. :)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

badhoopty wrote:heres proof i was productive today

one of my favorite buggies so far. the plastic fantastic.
everything plastic rpm besides the rear shock ballends, upper shock bushings, and shock pistons. got a hydra with the titanium diff from that ebay stealth. and 10t enhancement kit. :wink: (the wheels were white before i put them in the oven. i put them in non-diluted bleach all afternoon and it didnt help...)

=edit= one car is enough. :wink:
hey, where's the white 8/32 nuts on the rear axles? :wink:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

scr8p wrote:
hey, where's the white 8/32 nuts on the rear axles? :wink:
Yeah, where are they? :lol: I think I have a bag of those somewhere... :twisted:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

you guys are just jealous. damn beancounters...

i dont have any of those nuts... i'll try to get the motivation to swap the pistons this afternoon if i can find them. but those things are kinda tedious to put in... i got some longer front shock bodies for it anyway but i dunno if i have any mip shafts that match. maybe i'll see how the b2 shafts work in longer bodies...

i'm gonna dye the wheels black and see how it looks. aint like the wheels look good they way they are.

has any of you guys ever seen white rpm servo mounts? did they ever make them in white?

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

litte more progress, and moved to readers rides.

put in some medium rpm 2 stage pistons which i had to file to match each darn shock, dyed the wheels black, and trimmed a losi xx-l body for it. i have some rc perf. snap rings i'm going to use on the hingepins, but i'll save that for later. those are a pita.

i dunno about the black wheels. i'm thinkin some red ones would be pretty cool.

the xx-l molded body holes fit perfectly with the rpm chassis body mounts, it looks pretty darn good on there.

i'll take better pics later when i get a few more rigs finished to justify setting up my little lightbox.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

a xx? not an se?

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

scr8p wrote:oh, and another thing. i'm not taking my wife to a hobby shop any more. i go to get parts, she ends up talking me into stopping at this place called the animal house on the way there. so, to make a long story short, we came home with rc parts and a freakin' dog. :roll:

there better be something special in store for me at bedtime. :wink:
scary, same thing happened to me this weekend... or did I want the dog too? Anway, not prepared, so, we'll get her next weekend (If my wife didn't do so while I'm on business trip)

Is there a dogtalk.com too?

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

scr8p wrote:a xx? not an se?
yep, xxl buggy body, part # a-8040

the only thing is the losi body has the molded recess for the shocks behind the tower, but as you can see from the pics the fit is VERY good.

i saw the body listed on ebay and figured what the heck. i figured i'd be waiting forever for an se body, and would probably pay way too much for one anyway. ;)

are the xxl bodies rare? i wouldnt mind getting another.