Kyosho Fan

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Fan

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

The ZXS that I got off you Scoobster will be posted soon but I am waiting for a price on one part before I complete it properly. The chassis is now a three part item like the evo, but the front part is being made out of (hopefully titanium), the top deck, shock mounts, steering brace, gearbox sides are all firbrelyte and looks stunning. When I am happy pics will be posted. It looks brand new like your work of art Scoobster.

Also someone wanted to know about shells. If it was the Lazer ZXS then yes a company called Kamtec on the uk google does them. I am unsure if he has listed it yet but he has my original shell (uncut) and has made a mold from it and for the undertray as well. Now no one can compain that they cant get this shell. He also does the LWB Mid shell so plenty to get from him.

Oh yes I will also post pics of my new chassis that I designed for the ZXS Evo, its much slimmer and more evenly balanced than the ZXS evo and is based on the ZXS chassis (the best one of the two). These two cars are rare as only 500 or so were ever made (and I believe 200 were evos and 280 were ZXS ad the rest were team cars that were the development prototypes but as i have none of my info in front of me I am guessing the amount of team cars). tom / scoobster correct me if I am wrong.

Also I will say this, the ZXS can easliy compete and beat these new cars, and Tom can vouch how the car goes in rear wheel drive, as I found out the one way broke and the rear wheels were getting the full power and the car was a handfull but was driveable. I made a regioanl C final with a 2wd car and that impressed me a lot, especially when it was raining. When it was fixed all I can say is wow as this is quicker than the ZX / ZXR ever was.

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

You actually won that C-Final.. I remember as was marshaling that race!!

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Did I? mmmm all I remember was how I could better the car, as we changed so many things each round and the car behaved the same no matter what set up was used. they say not to change more than one or two things at once, but we changed four or five in one go. It had me stumped until the next event when by chance I decided to hold the rear wheels and turned the one way and found that it was broken. When I put the new one in the car was like a wild animal and I could hardly control it due to the mass accelaration and top end. Still I now have a basic setting and thats a good start. Next year how about doing Worksop?

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

If someone lends me some radio gear ;) then yeah...

Can you believe I have about 50 RC cars, hundreds of pounds worth of spares, and no radio gear that works with each other?? I'm slack man.. real slack.. :lol:

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Slack - far from it. You have some collection and not many guys have new cars dating back to the early years. Now you have the collection you can buy the radio gear (I have a few ideas on radio - the futaba synthesised radio as for a hundred or so pounds you get the receiver as well, and is really good, motor the Peak brushless is superb - I use the 4.5, but a 5.5 would be fast enough for anyone).

Mate when you are back in the saddle we are gonna have fun, and this time your going to help set my beast up (as well as yours) and have fun in the process.

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

I'm tempted by one of those Spektrum jobs actually.. I'm getting a crawler for XMAS and I need some radio gear for that.. I might treat myself in the new year.

Now why don't hobby stores have January sales???

and yes.. I reckon next years series is gonna be a good one, must renew my BRCA membership this month.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

tomstacey wrote:I'm tempted by one of those Spektrum jobs actually.. I'm getting a crawler for XMAS and I need some radio gear for that.. I might treat myself in the new year.

Now why don't hobby stores have January sales???

and yes.. I reckon next years series is gonna be a good one, must renew my BRCA membership this month.
Pffft. A crawler only needs the cheapest radio you've got. You're only like five feet away at the most... :wink:

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

Power is nothing without control :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm still tempted by the 2.4Ghz stuff if nothing else for the bling factor 8)

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

You crack me up. why dont hobby stores have a sale, because they are too tight. Heck they were until recently owned by Ripmax, and hehe I worked for them. They are cheap skates and will rip off at any opportunity and sell rubbish as well hehehe

Any way mate go for the cheaper Futaba one as its top notch, hell I havent had any problems with it. If you want the specy then get it mate. We will have a giggle no matter what we use, as long as the car has 4 wheels we can compete hehehe