The BMX (and other bikes) thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

badhoopty wrote: i needa find a woman to break me down and make me sensible.
No ya don't. Trust me. No ya don't.

I'm kidding. If you find the right gal, you're good as gold. My wife is the exact opposite of me. I like Jim Carey movies, she likes crap like Bridges of Madison County or something like that. I spend, she saves. I have tons of hobbies, her hobby is complaining about all the crap I have (and I have nothing really) and scrapbooking.

It all changes when you make that step into couplehood. Good luck.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

im lucky. I married my best freind..:) She enjoys all my hobbies. Full size cars and shows, guns and rc cars.. No problem.. We do everything together. We enjoys same movies and shows and have same interests all around.. and she loves sex and shes hot!! Don't get no better then that.. 8)

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

FlyinGN wrote:im lucky. I married my best freind..:) She enjoys all my hobbies. Full size cars and shows, guns and rc cars.. No problem.. We do everything together. We enjoys same movies and shows and have same interests all around.. and she loves sex and shes hot!! Don't get no better then that.. 8)
:shock: you don't usually find any like that, wheres her sister :?: :lol:

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

shes an only child.. :)

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Looks like the bug bit Hoopty. You're in trouble now.

I just put together a Kappa K-24 cruiser, the bike I used the white GT money to build. I should be able to get some pics this weekend, this thing rides like a dream, might be the best BMX I've ridden, including the JMC 24 that inspired me to build a cruiser in the first place.

DV8ion
Approved Member

Post by DV8ion »

Tadracket wrote:
badhoopty wrote: i needa find a woman to break me down and make me sensible.
No ya don't. Trust me. No ya don't.

I'm kidding. If you find the right gal, you're good as gold. My wife is the exact opposite of me. I like Jim Carey movies, she likes crap like Bridges of Madison County or something like that. I spend, she saves. I have tons of hobbies, her hobby is complaining about all the crap I have (and I have nothing really) and scrapbooking.

It all changes when you make that step into couplehood. Good luck.

Wow sounds just like my wife...LOL But at the same time she is my best friend and we do everything together even if she doesn't like it. :P

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i got the master. its pretty sweet to win something on ebay and have it 30 mins later. :lol:

i was taken back a bit when the guy first rolled up on it. it honestly looked like he pulled it out of a lake it was so freaking dirty and rusty.

but, once i got home i emptyed a can of wd40 on it and waited awhile to see if it would loosen up all the grime and rust and come to find out all that icky pretty much wipes off. the chrome is in pretty darn good condition.

other than some new cables, pads, and tires this thing is in HELLA good shape. its also the geeked out team version as well, and has all the original components. its kinda like the rc10 that was used a couple times then sat the rest of its life in a musty garage. looks like crap when you first see it but it cleans up really well.

i absolutely hate the decals. i dont care if i make the value of the bike drop, they are coming off as soon as i get back down to the garage. whoever the designer was needs to be bitchslapped for severely abusing house industries fonts and cheesy 50's style clipart. :evil: :evil:

so yeah, i got bit by the bug melvins. i got the pk to restore and the sport to rebuild and now this master to actually tune up and ride around. AND the torker 24", which rides alot better since i put some 6.5" forklifter bars on it. (did i already mention that?)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

here it is soaking in wd, the only real blemish i can see is some fine scratches in the chrome on the downtube and right side top tub that look like they might have been caused by somebodies pants or something. i can see in my head some punk kid with those flaired out super bell bottom jeans with the zippers all over them riding it... you can kinda see it right around the master decal where 'team' is on the drive side.

(i think i've been in the wd40 and carb cleaner fumes too long, i'm rantin like a chick)

i'm stoked.

scollins
Approved Member

schweeet

Post by scollins »

Awesome bike, I am still bummed I got rid of my Redline ST-20 back in 1990 after graduating from High School.......... (For those that did not see-See pics of my silly self on the Redline earlier in this thread- first page) :)
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

amx73
Approved Member

Post by amx73 »

Great thread!!! I just bought a GT Performer from a guy in town. It's a really nice "driver/rider"!!! I use to have the sweetest GT Vertigo. Damn I wish I still had that thing!!!!

Jake

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Hoopty, you should strip the decals and put some og Freestyler decals on it. Like the 82-83 or 85 era Master decals on it. That would look sweet. You can get them from C4 labs or from AJK bikes online. Great score man.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Here's a pic of the new Kappa. It's a K-24 cruiser. This thing rides like a dream, super nice. My new favorite.
Attachments
KappaK24.jpg
KappaK24.jpg (142.38 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
KappaK24.jpg
KappaK24.jpg (142.38 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

very cool melvins!

you got any advice for me on some light 24" wheels that aint too dainty? i got bfr's on my torker at the moment and they are nice but i got the feeling much lighter wheels exist. not to mention the very first time i used the wheels a big chunk of chrome came off the rear wheel...

btw, i will probably indeed get some oldschool master decals for the haro. thats a damn good idea.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I'm running FMF Powermoto wheels on my cruiser, I like them. They're racing wheels, so they're pretty light, yet strong. Roll smooth. I think they're around $150ish from Danscomp.com Plus, they look really sharp, all black with brushed brake pad area and silver nipples.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

I have a late 80's Monty T-219 trials bike (pre-hydraulic), sort-of like a BMX... I'll dig it out of the garage and grab a pic this weekend.

Back in the day (late 70's) I had a couple of Redlines, a 1975 and a 1976, both completely different frame geometries, but still square tails. Wish I had them now... :cry:

I have a few other road bikes, weird stuff like 16" Moultons and rod brake Raleighs, and a 1950 Schwinn red Phantom.

Here's some amazing "riding" footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSxOzbHiRwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvcf6tLptgI