ATOMIC CARBON AC10... WOW !

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

aeiou
Approved Member

Re: ATOMIC CARBON AC10... WOW !

Post by aeiou »

I purchased a chassis and nose plate (un-drilled) from FL back in September. At the time of my last email contact with them (October), Martin was still willing to make both pieces. He just doesn't want to drill the nose pieces.

Paul

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Thanks JK & ae

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

The impression I get from actually standing and talking to the chaps at Fiber Lyte is that they are an extremely busy bunch, if you saw their unit you would understand (lots of big project stuff laid around like 1:1 race car wings, bumpers and various other panels 8) ).

They are happy to produce anything RC related that you find on their web site (towers, braces, top decks, flat chassis etc) most if not all of which is produced from sheet therefore only requiring the press of a button to set the cutting machines into action and out the product pops at the other end so little impact on man hours. Tubs and nose plates are quite labor intensive and the feeling I'm left with is this labor time is understandably more productively used on mega bucks 1:1 parts.

They have never said that they wouldn't produce these tubs and un-drilled nose plates but I do get the feeling it would be done more to appease than for any business reason :| .

These guys are very helpful and I have no doubt at all that if a part was urgently required to keep a car running they would oblige but nice to have stuff that takes a lot of making for little profit (in the grand scheme of things) is of little interest to them.

This maybe doesn't answer the question fully but it's where we're at with it at the moment.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

FERRETTI wrote:The impression I get from actually standing and talking to the chaps at Fiber Lyte is that they are an extremely busy bunch, if you saw their unit you would understand (lots of big project stuff laid around like 1:1 race car wings, bumpers and various other panels 8) ).

They are happy to produce anything RC related that you find on their web site (towers, braces, top decks, flat chassis etc) most if not all of which is produced from sheet therefore only requiring the press of a button to set the cutting machines into action and out the product pops at the other end so little impact on man hours. Tubs and nose plates are quite labor intensive and the feeling I'm left with is this labor time is understandably more productively used on mega bucks 1:1 parts.

They have never said that they wouldn't produce these tubs and un-drilled nose plates but I do get the feeling it would be done more to appease than for any business reason :| .

These guys are very helpful and I have no doubt at all that if a part was urgently required to keep a car running they would oblige but nice to have stuff that takes a lot of making for little profit (in the grand scheme of things) is of little interest to them.

This maybe doesn't answer the question fully but it's where we're at with it at the moment.

I couldn't have put it better myself. FL are fantastic folks, and i have dealt with them for probably 15 years now. They will do anything on their website, but email is perhaps the slowest way to contact them. Give them a ring JK, you can use Skype which is very cheap, just lose the 0 from the front of their phone number and add 44.

If you US guys have no luck, I can do an order for you and post them to the US at cost, just please cover the PayPal fees. Perhaps judging by the amount of interest in FL stuff we should start a thread for pre-orders.

The nicest thing is the range of finishes you can get from plain glass (G40), glass carbon laminate, plain carbon weave and twill/semi twill weave. You just specify what you want and they will cut it in your favourite finish :)

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

JPAE07 wrote:Still seems to be unclear whether FL is 100% committed to making them.
Fibre-Lyte have never been committed to making them. They made them in the early 90s, as well as tubs for several other buggies, but the only reason you have seen a modern one is down to a lot of pestering from Atomic Carbon to make one for him. They will make them, but you will never see them advertising them.

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

HKP -

If we are starting a pre-order page. I am definitely interested in at least one set chassis and nose plate.

I also set an email to FL with the same request but it sounds like I may not hear back. I also listed almost all of their RC-10 carbon parts in my inquiry. If we have enough orders on here it may be similar to the 1:1 transactions they prefer.

HKP on another note you mentioned that they would create anything in your favorite finish. Do you happen to know which finish was used for the AC tub on this post.

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

The one on the first post is plain weave. The originals were in twill weave.

If we get an order together, I will ring and make sure they can make it all. If so, we'll go further and get the group buy going. :)

Be aware that noses will be undrilled...

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I'd take a twill weave one. What i wouldn't give for a Yokomo works one again too

toybaron
Approved Member

Post by toybaron »

I sent them an email over the weekend and they responded today...here are the guts of the mail back from them:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 4:33 AM
To: Ron Bernstein
Subject: Re: purchase inquiry

Hi Ron,

yes, the flat parts on our website are still available and we have started supplying a carbon fibre tub chassis as well (we did it approx 10 years ago, and due to customer demand we've started making them again). The RC10 tub itself is available drilled, but the nose piece is only available as an undrilled moulded section. Payment for the parts can be made using VISA or Mastercard(or bank transfer)

Best Regards

Stephen Walton

Hansell Composites Ltd
Unit 33
T. Dicken Ind Est
Station Road
Stokesley
TS9 7AE
ENGLAND

Tel: +44 (0)1642713129 Fax: +44 (0)1642713577

web: http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk or http://www.carbon-fibre.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've ordered, so we'll see but I have a good feeling about them, Ron

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

8)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

how much was the tub and nose anyway?

toybaron
Approved Member

Post by toybaron »

my last mail was for a total of a few different things and I have not heard back....will post when i know

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I'm pretty bummed that you are all trying to order the chassis...

Price at the moment is roughly;

RC10-tub chassis £105
RC10-nose plate £35

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

y?

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Because I did a while ago and I am the slowest at completing projects. So by the time I finish there will be about 30 on the site and mine won't be anything special. It happened when I got an A&L chassis. That's all. :cry: