Wow-

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Wow-

Post by Charlie don't surf »

So I just went to the local PO to drop something off for Al- chatted with the postmaster for a minute etc-

I hopped in my Supra, backed out of the parking spot and a newish Corolla was turning into the parking lot and wanted the spot that I was in. I was already in motion ( reverse ) so I backed out and out of the way ( holding the Corolla in the road for 5 sec ) and as they pulled in a kid in the passenger seat flipped me off.

So I threw the handbrake and decided to wait until they exited the car ( staying in my vehicle ) to see if he wanted to say anything else like "my bad" or something- ( I said nothing ) Nope, he wanted to keep it up- and whats' better- so did the driver ( his Mom ).

Can't imagine why this country is going to hell-

Kayne
Approved Member

Re: Wow-

Post by Kayne »

People just suck sometimes. Seems like rudeness and impatients is just taking over society sometimes. "I want it now and I don't care who gets hurt by getting it" is the attitude alot of people have. :evil:
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Kayne wrote:"I want it now and I don't care who gets hurt by getting it" is the attitude alot of people have. :evil:
Yep, instant gratification. My dad would have had my ass if I flipped someone the finger when I was a kid. That kinda of discipline doesn't happen anymore. Going away are the days of face to face interaction (confrontational or not). Everyone would much rather sit behind a keyboard and type/mouth off with no fear and it's spilling over into how we interact.

Wait a minute... keyboard, forum.... Hmmmm.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed but it's kind of funny, I'm glad the kid didn't pull out his piece and cap your 8ss. :!: Did I say that correct? Was that proper english?

This is all very interesting!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yeah the world just aint what it used to be.
People can hide behind their Facebook profile's, internet forums and even make cash from places like eBay without ever having to leave their homes. The art of conversation is getting lost. People pick up a phone instead of meeting face to face or even worse, text one another so even a vocal conversation isnt required now days.
The youth of today truly are growing up in a very different world from the older population.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I was at Costco two weeks ago and just as I get to the front of the line to check out the door, some old dude starts playing bumper carts with me trying to get to the checker-outer dude. I kindly told him where the end of the line was and he showed his appreciation by turning the air blue calling me all sorts of obscenities. I hollered back a quick "F U too buddy" as I walked out the door and my entire walk across the lot I could hear him continue his obscenities in my direction. I was NOT the one playing bumper carts, I was NOT the one cutting line, yet I am the arsehole ... :shock: :roll:

Had the guy asked politely to cut in, there wouldn't have been a problem.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

a01butal wrote:Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed but it's kind of funny, I'm glad the kid didn't pull out his piece and cap your 8ss. :!: Did I say that correct? Was that proper english?
That would be a bad day for him :wink:

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
a01butal wrote:Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed but it's kind of funny, I'm glad the kid didn't pull out his piece and cap your 8ss. :!: Did I say that correct? Was that proper english?
That would be a bad day for him :wink:

:wink: right on...

Then the worthless S.O.B & his old lady might have been a little more respectful to the next stranger they rolled up on.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

I very much doubt it. :shock: :roll: :evil:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

I would take a finger over that any day. That poor girl did not deserve that. That driver should be shot. If that was here he would have been chased down and beat.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Charlie don't surf wrote:So I just went to the local PO to drop something off for Al- chatted with the postmaster for a minute etc-

I hopped in my Supra, backed out of the parking spot and a newish Corolla was turning into the parking lot and wanted the spot that I was in. I was already in motion ( reverse ) so I backed out and out of the way ( holding the Corolla in the road for 5 sec ) and as they pulled in a kid in the passenger seat flipped me off.

So I threw the handbrake and decided to wait until they exited the car ( staying in my vehicle ) to see if he wanted to say anything else like "my bad" or something- ( I said nothing ) Nope, he wanted to keep it up- and whats' better- so did the driver ( his Mom ).

Can't imagine why this country is going to hell-

Like mother, like son I guess? :P

It does truly amaze me everyday how people are in public these days. It seems I am a dumba$$ magnet whenever I go out in public. Never fails to have to deal with some sort of douchery. Peoples driving habits are the worst. No patience, and hey, I'm the ONLY car out here!

Like butal said above, some days ain't worth gettin' outta bed. :lol:

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I had a somewhat similar situation last Friday, I was leaving my house to go dirt oval racing. It must have been about time for the school bus to come by cause there were cars parked on both sides of my street. Anywho at the corner was a Lexus SUV, sitting about five feet away from the curb with the brake lights on, you know where normal traffic DRIVES. an old lady was parked on the other side facing the wrong way but against the curb. I pull up behind the Lexus, she waives me around. So being the courteous driver I am I pull up next to her, barely enough room between the elderly lady and the massive Lexus for my ranger to squeeze through, I roll down my window and say "you know you're in the middle of the road right?". What do I get for my time? flipped off by a soccer mom. So I collect my thoughts and say "yeah well F you too!"

That just put me in a foul mood for the rest of the night, I finished 4th in the B main and I'm blaming it all on her! I don't get it, I wasn't being rude (at first), just letting her know she was blocking traffic. I'm sure her little brats are as well behaved as she is :roll:
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I guess I would have pulled back into the parking space and made soccer b_tch find another spot. After she parked, I would have left with a smile on my face.

Here are some additional forms of bad driving manners seen over this past weekend from a 800 mile road trip.
1) Driver parked in middle of the street talking on his cell phone while ignoring backed up traffic behind him.
2) Drivers talking on cell phones and going 45 mph in a 65 mph
3) F-250 driver beeping his horn and flipping off driver turning into a business. (I have no idea why he was p*ssed off at the car)

And my favorite...
4) Right lane ends 1 mile ahead, 1/2 mile ahead, etc... So right lane drivers continue to blow past people in left lane and get p*ssed when left lane people won't let them in the left lane.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

#5 . The lite turns red and drivers just ingore it. Five to six drivers at every intersection day in a day out do it. What's the rush all about. The last time I got flipped off was in the drive threw at mickey D's . Have not got a clue why but I just blew her a kiss .