eastern nc

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: eastern nc

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Regg US1 north comes right through my town and only a mile and half from my house.DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Right now it looks like rain in the eve ending early which will be great for the track anyway, if you guys want to check the weather in the AM and LMK if you want to come out it looks like it will be a good day, sunny and cool. Maybe sometime after 1pm? LMK :wink: and I can PM you my # and address-

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

i wont be able to on such short notice got some obligations with the lady. please post some pics if you do have a race, just cant get away long enough to justify 2 hours travel... maybe we can plan a running in feb???

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Hey Reggie where are you EXACTLY? Vass, Southern Pines, Cameron? When I first moved to Raleigh to go to NC Sate, my wife lived in Pinehurst. That's back when we first started dating... used to go down that way EVERY weekend. I have quite a few coworkers who commute from Sanford and a few from Broadway also. When you said you were outside of Fayetteville, I was thinking you were more like two hours away...We will have to converge at your place sometime for sure.. If all four of us got together that would be a race...

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

For sure it be a race or demolition derby ROFLMAO.Don

cool13b

Post by cool13b »

I know it has already been posted....but if you guys have not made it down to C and C try to do so. The place is AWESOME...very nice people (for the most part) and a fun atmosphere.

The ShortCourse class is HUGE and most everybody is running some sort of VERY soft compound tires with all the tread shaved off.

Have meet some really cool people there including somebody who told me about this SITE! I personally have been pouring over the Schumacher section to look at the possibility of running my CAT in the 4WD class.

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

thats cool glad to have more ppl from the area you should bring your cat out and run sometime. myself, losixxxman, thunderstrike1 have gotten together were trying to get some more ppl but its a trek to get out there for the little time we all have... but we are trying to work something out to get out there another member charlie dont surf (prolly the one who told you about this site) runs out there. maybe we can all get together and run... welcome to the site and soon to your addiction lol

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

cool13b wrote:I know it has already been posted....but if you guys have not made it down to C and C try to do so. The place is AWESOME...very nice people (for the most part) and a fun atmosphere.

The ShortCourse class is HUGE and most everybody is running some sort of VERY soft compound tires with all the tread shaved off.

Have meet some really cool people there including somebody who told me about this SITE! I personally have been pouring over the Schumacher section to look at the possibility of running my CAT in the 4WD class.
I know who this is :lol: Told you you'd like it :wink:

Reggie

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

i knew u recruited him once he brought up that track reg. lol

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

:lol: The 1991 RC10T garners a little bit of attention from time to time :P

Goody625

Post by Goody625 »

Hey guys, Let me know when yall are getting together again up in the Cary/Apex area. Got my RC10 running again. I think it will be fun to get out and play some. I need to pick up a couple new batteries and would love to find new tires. Hey are there any tires that will fit the stock rims or do I need to just upgrade the rims/tires?

Joel

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

You CAN find tires for those stock rims...BUT they are not going to drive near as well as something more modern. For just playing, it's up to you. I am running 2.2s on my RC10 with modern rubber and it doesn't have to be as complicated as the Old/New build RC10s. Just pick up a set of Duratrax Nitro Evader BX rear rims, and Evader BX fronts. The rears need a slight reaming out on the inside to fit the 1/4" axles. That's all there is too it. Alternatively, you can use Phoenix BX rims from Thunder Tiger. Some say the Thunder Tigers are more durable, I haven't had trouble from my duratrax yet though.

Duratrax Wheels:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=Nitro+evader+bx+wheels
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=+evader+bx+front+wheels

Thunder Tiger wheels:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXALSC&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXALSF&P=7

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I just have to tell you guys, I had a Southern Californian, that lived in Florida and is moving to Delaware...........and is a member here.................come racing with me at C&C last night. It was a blast!!! When are you going to? :lol:

AEracer

Post by AEracer »

I am a new member on these boards, but I have been reading this post and I am interested in a couple of things regarding this thread:
1) Where is the park that you guys meet at to run your cars?
2) I would be interested in meeting up at C & C for some vintage racing/ practice, do you typically
go on Wednesday nights?

Currently I own a RC10T truck and two B3's
Thanks,
AEracer

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

AERacer - Welcome to the board. We met at a city park in Cary last time, but it was just three of us, and only two were running. I cannot speak for the others here, but I'd love to do some "informal" racing. (Honestly, I'd like to do some REAL racing at C&C, but its just too much of a trek, and my better half isn't too keen on me leaving her with the 3 kids all day so I can go race.) A get together at a local dirt infield ball park for a few hours is okay, and easy enough to do. I've even contemplated building some portable jumps to bring out. What we need to do is set a date far enough out that we could ALL attend. If Charlie, Goody, AE, Thunderstrike, Cool13B, and I all came out - I think a good time could be had by all. I haven't heard from Vintage88 in quite awhile now, I think he may have moved out of the area for good (which stinks.).