VINTAGE GET-TOGETHER IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RACER RICK
Approved Member

VINTAGE GET-TOGETHER IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS

Post by RACER RICK »

I am interested in having a vintage swap meet, car show, and race in central Illinois (Monticello) at a new facility. We have a off road track, which we can make "vintage friendly" for a day of vintage racing fun. Looking at the first of summer (2010) to hold event.I am a member of the Monticello Model Masters. We will have a new track up and running in the spring. Let me know if there is a interest. Thanks, Rick Wilson "gold tubs rule"

badhoopty
Approved Member

Re: VINTAGE GET-TOGETHER IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS

Post by badhoopty »

i'd be down if nothing else than to run some laps and shoot the breeze.

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

That's mainly what I'm looking to do with this event. Just a leisurely day of running vintage vehicles and having fun. If the interest grows then possibly hold a race event. thanks Rick

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

That sounds like fun. I make enough trips down there for dirt oval anyway....

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

where do you race, Big Bill's, JTec, Allens ??

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

Went to Bill's quite a few times, with a couple trip's to Allen's

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

Didn't run Big Bill's this year, but did last year with 1/8 late model. Lee Morrrison and I went over and ran in his big race. I wasn't happy about getting back home at 4:00 am. Oval racing is something we will be doing later on next year. With the oval also going in besides the off-road track.

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

We will be having a Vintage event this coming summer(2010) in central Illlinois, when I figure the date (probably late May/ early June) you will be informed here. I will try to get a solid date in the next couple weeks, it should be fun. thanks Rick

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I'm in for any vintage race. I got a new racer to try out!
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

what part of illinois is this in. some time in february ill be going back home after my discharge.

ill be moving back to El Paso illinois, neighboring towns are Gridley,flanagan,panola, i think route 24 runs nearby .

i grew up in illinois, but that was a long time ago, left when i was about 11, only live in elpaso till i was 2, so locations and towns im rusty on :) also who all lives in illinois her at the talk? id like to make it to a vintage race when i get back home,
i got a few gold tubs,and cox bandido and a tamiya hornet id like to race, my dad also has a few cars himself, he has a TQ10 and a minty fresh 10T ,doesnt want to wreck them, but he wants to race them. these vintage races,are they one carpet tracks so the cars dont get scratches? and also how does the qualifications work for the races? all my cars im keeping them bone stock, id like to race my hornet and bandidos bone stock , now my goldpans all have novack esc's, if i can get a working mechanical speed controller together , ill race the goldpans bone stock too. also my dad has a OLD gold pan with a million miles on it (its actually mine, he got it for me when was about 3yrs old, played with it till foster services came and took us. DCFS should ran by people who have a brain :!: ) any way his gold pan that i was mine when i was a kid, he had every hop on it availabe , did everything to it except for cutting and drilling the tub. anyway he has a brushless system in it, beefed up the trans (bearing and new parts) lipo battery, andys a arms, houge steering. he would like to race it in a vintage race, but would it qualify? is there vintage "Heats " for vintage rc's hopped up? itd be unfair to race that against a stock rc10! can some one pm me standard rules and regulations for vintage races? id like to run my vintage rc's stock, maybe a built up one if theres a catagory for hopped up cars. also at the vintage races, is every one still using the vintage radio and radio gear too?
im still using old magnums, and juniors and pink futaba radios!! i heard these radio gear that dont require crystals??
also is there a website that has pics and information on these vintage races? thanks!!

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

It is a outdoor dirt track set up for short course racing. It will be vintage friendly with no super large jumps or difficult sections. The track is located at Monticello Illinois. It is on (interstate 72) between Champaign and Decatur (central state)very easy access. there are no track pictures yet but here is the web site for Monticello Model Masters http://www.elifield.com The property is owned by Horizon Hobbies and the club rents the area from them. I will see if maybe Horizon will get into this event and do some giveaways or raffle type drawings.Still working on all the details. But it will happen for sure. there are vintage sites on this web just check the threads. the club is mainly airplane people but there are a few of us surface guys in the track development. thanks, Rick

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

NICE WORK RACER RICK!

:D

any idea on rules yet? i'd love to hear i can keep the lipo & 17.5 in the stinky pinky.

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

I will go by the vintage nats rules. I will not have a date now till after Dec. 5ths club meeting. I will get all the particulars together at that time and get the ball rollin on this event. I will post all info here. I hope for a nice turnout at this event. If anybody wants to just show their vehicle that will be fine too. swap meet for sure!!!

tmail56
Approved Member

Post by tmail56 »

Just got back from visiting Eli Field!! SWEET!!! And the off-road track was just flat dirt!!!

Have a Futaba FX10 and a Kyosho XRT lets cruise!!

Need a date and Rick can you pick me up at Dad's, Airtran won't land at Eli Field!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D
Rev. Terrance
Team HOLY Rollers
T2 / SC5M / GT2-E / B4.1 / Spec-R S2 / FX10
T & G / RCTen.com

RACER RICK
Approved Member

Post by RACER RICK »

I'll pick ya up bro, there is a 800 foot runway there for the big scale and jets to land. We are in the process of a new and bigger layout for 2010 so the track was leveled 3 weeks ago for winter.I am looking at the mid June for our event. I will keep ya posted Rick