NEW HERE

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

97T595

NEW HERE

Post by 97T595 »

HI IM SCOTT AND AM AN RC10 AHOLIC. I JUST FOUND THIS SITE FROM SOMEONE I SOLD SOMETHING TOO ON EBAY AND METIONED THIS SITE, I ALSO NOTICED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE FROM IL WELL I JUT WANTED TO SAY HI. AND ALSO WEBSENSE DOESNT BLOCK ME FROM HERE AT WORK SO YOULL BE SEEING ALOT OF ME!!!

MikeyD
Approved Member

Post by MikeyD »

Welcome to the forums Scott! 8)

scollins
Approved Member

WELCOME ABOARD!

Post by scollins »

Hi, welcome to the "good old gold" club.

I am in a 12 step program myself for my recent resurgence into the old-school RC10aholic problem.

I purchased 2 nice "goldies" back in January after getting a bit bored restoring old Tamiya stuff. Now I have 5 RC10s.

Yep, sure signs of an RC10aholic. 8)
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Hi Scott, welcome to the club :D . I have only recently become interested in RC10's as I'm from the UK and there wasn't much of an Associated scene when I raced (many years ago). Since joining the board I have gone from no RC10s to 5, it's a real fix. :shock:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Post by Minicooper 35 »

Same situation here. I started with a graphite beater in January and I just got the next two out of the sticky fingers of the customs authority ... One seems to be the TQ10?! I try to post some pics in the next days.

Cheers

Sebastian

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Welcome to the fray!

Where in Illinois are you, Scott?

Oh, and...

:P

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Post by Minicooper 35 »

apexspeed wrote:Oh, and...
:)

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Welcome to the board!

97T595

Post by 97T595 »

yeah i know the caps lock but im my computer always has caps locks on due to the program im in all the time and i always forget to change it, im in palatine. and just got back into rc cars with the girlfriend after a 4 year hiates and found out, man i cant drive anymore {my eyes are getting bad from welding all those years} and have decided to pull out all my older stuff that i found when we moved from when i was a kid. well if yah look at my ebay id same as my user name i found some extra cool stuff and was shocked how much this old stuff was going for and cashed in. so now im hooked and have been trying to put all my old cars back together which is comming out nicely when i get home i put up some pics.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

apexspeed wrote:

Oh, and...

:P
Subtle 8)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

97T595 wrote:...and found out, man i cant drive anymore {my eyes are getting bad from welding all those years}

The harsh reality begins to set in. I've been racing in this area since 1983 or so, and when I got back into it seriously a few years ago, I realized that I'm not anywhere close to as good as I used to be. Not only that, EVERYONE else got LOTS faster. :shock: My eyesight has been one of my issues, with depth perception problems like I never had before, and my reactions have slooooowed down, too. Beside the fact that I race about a tenth as much as I used to, and it all catches up with you.

Now, I just do it to enjoy some time out of the house, by myself. I have fun, but the vintage and restorations are what keep my occupied in the shop at home. It's addictive.

I might actually race more this summer, so I'm looking forward to that. If you raced off road way back when, I'm sure the new track in Joliet would BLOW YOUR MIND. It freaked me out, for sure.

doug

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

FERRETTI wrote: Subtle 8)
Like a brick.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Re: NEW HERE

Post by Asso_man! »

97T595 wrote:HI IM SCOTT AND AM AN RC10 AHOLIC. I JUST FOUND THIS SITE FROM SOMEONE I SOLD SOMETHING TOO ON EBAY AND METIONED THIS SITE, I ALSO NOTICED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE FROM IL WELL I JUT WANTED TO SAY HI. AND ALSO WEBSENSE DOESNT BLOCK ME FROM HERE AT WORK SO YOULL BE SEEING ALOT OF ME!!!
That's me who told you about our beloved forum! :wink:

97T595

Post by 97T595 »

yup joilet is very nice indoors i tried 1/8 scale and yah i sold it right away, but my girl still wants to keep her 1/8 scale for some reason (valentines present maybe sentimental or something) my ex girlfriend worked for venture hobbies for about 6 years and also at the track when they owned it so im more of an onroad guy, i raced 1/12 scale at birchwood, probely when i was 8 or 9 but the first time i laid eyes on a r/c car was at the ripe age of 7 or so an old r/c track in lake zurich, when 4 wd was big everyone had schumacher cats and all i could afford at the time was a tamiya falcon so i got stuck in 2wd class againt every rc10 known to man, i cut litterely everyone grass in a mile area just to afford my first rc10, and batteries i gave up offroad couse it was hard getting a ride to and there till i found on road racing at the park district withen walking didtance so i sold most of it and put it all in pan cars. and thanks again 4 the link assoman and enjoy. ps i so didnt want to sell the worlds front end but theres 2 more here in my box so im still covered how bout a vintage class at lhs ill dust off the jrxt and throw down well, what i can see i guess!

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

HELLO!