American chopper

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rctenracer
Approved Member

American chopper

Post by rctenracer »

What do you guys think of the battle between jr and sr ?

transamman908
Approved Member

Re: American chopper

Post by transamman908 »

I can't stand listening to SR. anymore about this. He's hard enough to watch with every other word being "ah" or "um". It seems like he's just jealous that JR. is going out on his own and may just make it. I'm glad to see Geiko signing for Pauly. Hopefully they make the build for the sturgis unveiling. I'm not a huge OCC watcher but the whole split up and lawsuit has got me watching.
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Drama for the sake of entertainment ... :roll:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Sr. is an ego maniacal jerk who treats people (including his family and his employees) like dirt. He's a petulant child who is blind to the talent and ability his slacker son brought to the table. I really would love to see him fail. Word is that OCC is dying on the vine and almost bankrupt, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it collapse without the kid.

That said, Paulie's 2 new bikes were already shown at Sturgis last month. Better than anything OCC has done since he left, that's for sure.

It's a guilty pleasure. It's like watching a car accident over and over again. I hate mindless TV, but I seem to be drawn to this wreck like a moth to a bug zapper.

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

transamman908 wrote:I can't stand listening to SR. anymore about this. He's hard enough to watch with every other word being "ah" or "um". It seems like he's just jealous that JR. is going out on his own and may just make it. I'm glad to see Geiko signing for Pauly. Hopefully they make the build for the sturgis unveiling. I'm not a huge OCC watcher but the whole split up and lawsuit has got me watching.

Sr is worse than a kid.Constantly trying to convince everyone how good he is and how bad Jr is.Guys a joke.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I'm home on R&R leave so this whole JR vs SR is new to me. However I think they are all idiots! Even JR. When OCC first started showing, they acted like fabricators. However, they simply ordered products from companies. As they progressed, they had some really talented people come and go. Also they have purchased some really nice equipment. I think they got a little out of their league. They are small time minded in my book.
Being a minitrucker that loves all things fabrication, I did enjoy watching Biker Build Off. Most of those builders would hand OCC their arse. But like others have stated, I find myself tuning in to see the trainwreck!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

The whole chopper thing jumped the shark years ago, but of all of the "reality" chopper builders that were ever featured on Discovery, I still follow the artwork created by Billy Lane at Choppers, Inc. I love his style. I can't stand OCCs bikes, but I do like watching people make things with their hands.

For people who enjoy the same types of things, there is a relatively new show on HDtheater called American Craftsmen with the second host from This Old House, Steve Thomas. The last one I watched was about vintage wood boat builders, Van Dam Custom Boats. Awesome stuff.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

There's been a split between JR and SR??? :? Aren't they family? I dont have FOX at my house so only get to take in a little here and there when I visit my inlaws.

Being a Cerpenter those guys would definately keep me in a job with all those door busting antics that go on around the office- LOL!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

Johnboy72 wrote:I'm home on R&R leave so this whole JR vs SR is new to me. However I think they are all idiots! Even JR. When OCC first started showing, they acted like fabricators. However, they simply ordered products from companies. As they progressed, they had some really talented people come and go. Also they have purchased some really nice equipment. I think they got a little out of their league. They are small time minded in my book.
Being a minitrucker that loves all things fabrication, I did enjoy watching Biker Build Off. Most of those builders would hand OCC their arse. But like others have stated, I find myself tuning in to see the trainwreck!

I totally agree with you. They buy a ton of parts and make a theme bike. Totally unrideable, 300k for a bike. That is ridiculous. If you did ride one it would take you three counties to turn the darn thing and you would be too scared to scratch the thousand dollar paint job they they paid ten thousand for.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Kayne wrote:
Johnboy72 wrote:I'm home on R&R leave so this whole JR vs SR is new to me. However I think they are all idiots! Even JR. When OCC first started showing, they acted like fabricators. However, they simply ordered products from companies. As they progressed, they had some really talented people come and go. Also they have purchased some really nice equipment. I think they got a little out of their league. They are small time minded in my book.

I totally agree with you. They buy a ton of parts and make a theme bike. Totally unrideable, 300k for a bike. That is ridiculous. If you did ride one it would take you three counties to turn the darn thing and you would be too scared to scratch the thousand dollar paint job they they paid ten thousand for.

If you build a bike and people line up to pay 300K then you have handed the other builders their asses. Besides when Sr bought back their own theme bikes at chairity auctions I remember it costing him around 170 K
Considering that price is tax deductable then that may be a little high too.

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Eau Rouge wrote:....For people who enjoy the same types of things, there is a relatively new show on HDtheater called American Craftsmen with the second host from This Old House, Steve Thomas. The last one I watched was about vintage wood boat builders, Van Dam Custom Boats. Awesome stuff.
Saw it. x2
Johnboy72 wrote:...I did enjoy watching Biker Build Off. Most of those builders would hand OCC their arse.
And you can ride a lot of that stuff into the ground afterwards and not have it fall to pieces. If bikes are made to look like Gillette Razors and stuff, I tend change the channel.
- Brian -

My Gallery

Mazdaj
Approved Member

Post by Mazdaj »

I gave up on the show a long time ago. It stopped being about building bikes and became one of the "other" reality shows with all of the fighting. I've recently started watching "American Pickers". A great show trying to findcool stuff people have hiding in barns,garages,etc.

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

If it's such a "war" it's amazing how they still cover the unveiling of OCC bikes and what Paulie's plans are. As said above staged entertainment. I can't say I do not watch it though. :mrgreen: I'm sure there is a disagreement of some sorts over company shares, but they knew the show was tanking 3 seasons ago when it was the same old SR yelling, Jr qutiing for two days and returning to work.
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.

clhuke64
Approved Member

Post by clhuke64 »

I stoped watching the show when all of Jr's bikes started to look alike, as for the new season - all I can say is, Sr is a big "DOUCHE" !!

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

yes it got very fomulaic and boring
The old man is a piece of sh#t if thats how he treats his family he deserves every thing that seems to be coming .
i hope the boys do well and finally make some money and names for them self,s and having Vinnie on the team how can they go w rong

paul