Newish to Forum Reinvigorated in RC10's

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

creeker
Approved Member

Newish to Forum Reinvigorated in RC10's

Post by creeker »

I guess a little intro is in order. First RC Kit car was the blackfoot. Unfortunately I no longer have the blackfoot, think I got sick of fixing the rear drive shafts which I stripped on a regular basis. From there I wanted something better and what was better than RC10 back in the mid 80's? I played with the car for several years, losing pieces here and there I guess. I went into storage for several years, then I started playing with a Nitro Rustler for a while and the buggy came back out for a small stint. They both went back into storage for about 9 years until I moved and my son got his first play RC car. Watching him play I decided what fun it would be to get my Rustler out again and play. Started playing with the Rustler which led me back to the RC10. Just after that I found this forum and had a great time reading up on the history of the RC10 and then became amazed at the community of people that restore use these great cars. Since my 10 is an old 6 gear running a 12t brushed motor I figured I would need another car to maybe convert to brushless. I began trolling ebay and saw a guy selling an RC10 buggy converted into a truck. As I looked more at it noticed it was running a stealth transmission and was only a truck because of the wheel and tire size. Placed a bid and won for $55 shipped. Now I am in the process of restoring and cleaning both cars. As I was playing today with the new car which has no wing tubes installed I decided to pull them from my original car and noticed they are identical to the nose brace tubes just cut shorter. I will be getting a set of nose tubes and cutting them down to give them a try and the I need to get some new bodies and wings. Finally building out my order from tower for screws and other misc hardware to complete both cars. Well I guess that does it for me, I will work on getting some pics posted to this thread.
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

Re: Newish to Forum Reinvigorated in RC10's

Post by victor_cathedral »

awesome, welcome !! im new here too, and recently have been reintroduced to the hobby. long story short, i quit RC about 6 years ago due to lack of funding :lol: and got drawn into online gaming :roll: ... however, winter has forced me to move away from my cable internet to the WORST internet imaginable, so gaming was off the table. what do i decide to spend my time and few dollars on ?? RC YAY ! lol.... i've always been into rc10's, my by far over the top favorite. never had one when they were new, mainly because i was 1 year old when the first rc10 hit the market 8)

Goody625

Re: Newish to Forum Reinvigorated in RC10's

Post by Goody625 »

Yeah, this is pretty much addicting! I too found my old gold pan from my early teens and found this forum...the rest drives my wife crazy as I am stocking up on parts to turn my original into a shelf queen and 2nd chassis to modernize and really play with...Welcome to the madness!!