SC10 4x4 MTK clutch basket

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

SC10 4x4 MTK clutch basket

Post by klavy69 »

Yeah, I know this isn't vintage or anything but was wondering if anyone around the board was using one of these. Just traded my 1/8 scale hyper7 for a 2 week old sc10 4x4 and have read alot of complaints on the clutch slipping. This is supposed to fix it. I was told to head over to get one off rctech.net and found a bunch of threads on it but nothing about getting one.

Anyone have any info on it or how to get ahold of one?

Thanx
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

JK Racing

Re: SC10 4x4 MTK clutch basket

Post by JK Racing »

I was thinking of the truck also, I had already done the research...here is the link.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/527519-sc10-4x4-clutch-basket.html
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Thanx Joey. Frustration was setting in trying to figure out how to get one. Read tons and tons of things about them but nothing going back to where you steered me. I've had a platinum slash for awhile now and have dumped tons of money into it and thought it was great til the other company's offers started showing up. The associated is so much better driving than the slash its unbelieveable. Nothing against the slash owners and have built a great truck for my 10 year old daugher to drive. Its hard to break it but she gave me a reason for rpm arms/bumpers/body mounts all around on it. I traded my hyper 7 1/8 scale buggy for it so she can run the slash and I can get back to AE. Had quite a few ofna SC trucks take over also lately and finally someone picked up a losi SC last week so we are getting quite alot of variety to choose from locally. Thanx again JKracing 8) .
Todd

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

No issues....being between Losi and AE and OFNA isnt that far either, the Traxxas trucks were outnumbered to begin with around here.

I've been eyeballing the SC4X trucks, but havent seen many AE trucks on the track, even here in SoCal. The Losi trucks are dominating the local tracks.

I will eventually grab one, but not in a hurry.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

No one has had any real issues with any of these so far. A few broken pieces on each but mostly well deserved broken pieces :? . A few blown out bearings here and there. There is a slash that competes with the others for handling but honestly there isn't much slash left with the center of gravity lowering kit installed on it. Looks like one of the ofna trucks at first glance. Figured that since they were pretty much taking over around here I'd jump on the bandwagon but it took me awhile to get to it myself. Can't justify the money anymore...unless its outdated and vintage 8) .
Todd