What the heck is going on here???

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Asso_man!
Approved Member

What the heck is going on here???

Post by Asso_man! »

I've been unable to log on to the forum for nearly half a day, it also happened last week... did you guys also had the same kind of problem? Maybe a node in the Atlantic :? :evil:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Nope, not just you. I am been told that when Clodtalk goes down, so does rc10talk, as Bill has both sites on the same server. I couldn't get in this morning either and also last week.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

WOW, these were big server crashes then, does he use to have a nap before resetting-up the server? lol

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: What the heck is going on here???

Post by RichieRich »

Asso_man! wrote:I've been unable to log on to the forum for nearly half a day, it also happened last week... did you guys also had the same kind of problem? Maybe a node in the Atlantic :? :evil:
Having withdrawals? :lol: Or maybe you really miss your friends at RC10Talk? :D

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Clodtalk was fine yesterday, but this place went down in the afternoon sometime. Last week there was some tweaking going on that had both sites down. Clodtalk is besieged with a 403 and 404 error that Bill has been trying to work out with his ISP. The problems here last night could be in connection to that.

Either that, or Asso_man's computer was abducted by aliens. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Halgar wrote: or Asso_man's computer was abducted by aliens. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'll open the tower this night to check if there is anyone in there, I'll just call Ripley before for some piece of advice :roll:

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

I got my connection problems fixed here at work. They web filter had been detecting this site as a game sight. Some filter huh? I called my IT buddies this morning and told them I need the site for my web design class. They put it in the ignore list and now I can be on during the day again. Sweet.

I did not lie to them. When I teach basic web design, I use this site as a great example of what to do when you build a forum, how you can get help from other members, how you can build friendships with people you never met or continue friendships with people you know from the past.

RC10Talk is just a great example of what happens when great people get together who share a common interest. I am glad to be here and thank each and every one of you guys for the help and kindness you have shown me over the last 6 months.

So I understand your concern Asso when you could not get in. When I could not get on last week, the first thing I thought is What am I going to do if I never get to talk with these guys/girls again. I hope one day my kids can enjoys this site as I have. And if I never get to say another word to any of you again, I want you all to know that I am thankful and privileged to know you.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Tadracket wrote:I hope one day my kids can enjoys this site as I have.
Oh God! :shock: A whole other generation for Bill to tweak! :shock: :shock:

:P :P :lol: :lol:

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

I had the same problem with not being able to get in early this am and last week to. Another weird thing is I sent out two PM and my regular email says I have a response to a PM but when I go to the PM in box it says no new messages. Anyone else have this problem??

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

RC Chick wrote:I had the same problem with not being able to get in early this am and last week to. Another weird thing is I sent out two PM and my regular email says I have a response to a PM but when I go to the PM in box it says no new messages. Anyone else have this problem??
that is indeed wierd. have you recieved any pm's at all?

AYKBOBCAT
Approved Member

Post by AYKBOBCAT »

I also freaked out when not being able to connect.... I check this site several times a day. I just love it. My friends here thinks I'm strange but hey! Nobody says anything when someone collect stamps.... Well I collect R/C cars and parts... :D

This whole thing made me realize that we should eventually make CDs of the info contained in the scan archive... How long is the stuff kept there? What about the very first scans?

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

[
that is indeed wierd. have you recieved any pm's at all?[/quote]

No I had sent out three and got two messages that I recieved new PM's but don't know what happened to them. I had another message today and it came through. very strange.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

AYKBOBCAT wrote:This whole thing made me realize that we should eventually make CDs of the info contained in the scan archive... How long is the stuff kept there? What about the very first scans?
If this place is the same as Clodtalk, the threads are kept in perpetuity.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

RC Chick wrote:I had the same problem with not being able to get in early this am and last week to. Another weird thing is I sent out two PM and my regular email says I have a response to a PM but when I go to the PM in box it says no new messages. Anyone else have this problem??
It sometimes happens you get an email saying there's a reply to a thread, but when you go and visit it won't find that entry in the thread. That's when that reply was actually spam and was removed by one of the admins. Shouldn't happen with PM's though...

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I had problems logging on too over the past few days, but the internet has been rubbish here generally.